TBI injector tree.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've not seen it. Do you have any more details? Got a link for it?

The Blue Mule

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does it come with the injector pigtails? how do you tune for different injectors? do those injectors play well at 11psi? lots of thoughts that say its garbage, lots of thoughts that say it would be improvement if it does as advertised........tune..

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just came across it on ebay today while trying to figure a better tbi setup. It comes with adapter wires. It also says that it requires a higher pressure fuel pump for the newer style injectors. I am building an engine with some more power and getting enough fuel seems like I am at the border line even if I use 454 injectors. I figure that it seems reasonable that it may flow more air since they are skinnier and I can get more fuel with that style injector. I am going with a megasquirt fuel injection computer so no matter what I put in will have to be figured out.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You will need a new pressure regulator with that setup, keep that in mind for costs. You will need to redo fuel lines.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@cngodfather
Do you have a link for these injectors?
Look like it might be a good setup for my V6 build I'm doing.

The Blue Mule

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, FWIU they say those injectors allow more air flow because they're smaller but, you can get just as much, or more flow with a 1/4" spacer AND the "ultimate mods". My question is how long will these puppies last?

I am building an engine with some more power and getting enough fuel seems like I am at the border line even if I use 454 injectors.
I was running stock flow matched 61LB/Hr @18PSI (with an EP381 vortec pump) on my 5.7L and while data logging, I saw they were running @~106% DC (open constantly) so, I went to 28PSI and got it down to ~80% @5200RPM in 2nd gear. Then I went to a pair of 7.4L injectors @15PSI (which was pretty close to the same as the others @28PSI) because the 61s were dripping, causing stumbles @idle but, when I ran the VE Learn on my EBL Flash2, it had to shut them off at idle to try and maintain Stoich 14.7:1, bummer! I wound up running lower AFR and flattening out my VE and SA tables around idle MAP and spark to reduce stumbling. I think I'm gonna go back to the 61LB/Hr injectors and reduce my pressure to ~24PSI which will probably get my DC up to ~90% @WOT. Note - this is with a 46mm bored out throttle body and 48mm bored Edelbrock 3704 intake. HTH

You must be registered for see images attach

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, FWIU they say those injectors allow more air flow because they're smaller but, you can get just as much, or more flow with a 1/4" spacer AND the "ultimate mods". My question is how long will these puppies last?

I was running stock flow matched 61LB/Hr @18PSI (with an EP381 vortec pump) on my 5.7L and while data logging, I saw they were running @~106% DC (open constantly) so, I went to 28PSI and got it down to ~80% @5200RPM in 2nd gear. Then I went to a pair of 7.4L injectors @15PSI (which was pretty close to the same as the others @28PSI) because the 61s were dripping, causing stumbles @idle but, when I ran the VE Learn on my EBL Flash2, it had to shut them off at idle to try and maintain Stoich 14.7:1, bummer! I wound up running lower AFR and flattening out my VE and SA tables around idle MAP and spark to reduce stumbling. I think I'm gonna go back to the 61LB/Hr injectors and reduce my pressure to ~24PSI which will probably get my DC up to ~90% @WOT. Note - this is with a 46mm bored out throttle body and 48mm bored Edelbrock 3704 intake. HTH

You must be registered for see images attach

About how much horsepower do you think you have with this engine?

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just came across it on ebay today while trying to figure a better tbi setup. It comes with adapter wires. It also says that it requires a higher pressure fuel pump for the newer style injectors. I am building an engine with some more power and getting enough fuel seems like I am at the border line even if I use 454 injectors. I figure that it seems reasonable that it may flow more air since they are skinnier and I can get more fuel with that style injector. I am going with a megasquirt fuel injection computer so no matter what I put in will have to be figured out.

i wouldnt consider an airflow change as the big feature, who knows, they may make turbulance and slow down the air......or they may help, but the bottleneck will still be the heads. the new style injectors biggest benefit, as i see it would be better emulsion atomization from multiple spray holes. better emmissions too! im betting much smoother idle and cleaner throttle response at off-idle like when finessing over rocks or on icy hills.

its going to be up to you to figure the best fuel pressure and tune.
note: a big part of the tune is going to be injector timing. a big can of worms OR lots of fun learning!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About how much horsepower do you think you have with this engine?
I'm not sure, maybe somewhere around 350?

i wouldnt consider an airflow change as the big feature, who knows, they may make turbulance and slow down the air......or they may help, but the bottleneck will still be the heads.
Agreed, the 46mm throttle body is advertised at 650 CFM that will support a 5.7L to 6000RPM. The TBI peanut heads are a big part of the bottleneck as well as the cam and exhaust. These TBI heads flow better than Vortec with bigger valves and slant plugs.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-162108/overview/make/chevrolet