Rocker caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Loctite (242?) on rocker studs?

HELL, NO.

Tighten the Polylocks like I said--get the adjustment correct, back-off a little. Snug the set-screw. Tighten the polylock and the set screw together back to where the adjustment was correct. Done.

oniontheoreo

Reaction score
You don't have to use it liberally but you do have to completely de-grease the fasteners. Glue don't stick to oil!
Blue Loctite (242?) on rocker studs?

HELL, NO.

Tighten the Polylocks like I said--get the adjustment correct, back-off a little. Snug the set-screw. Tighten the polylock and the set screw together back to where the adjustment was correct. Done.
So who do I go with here? I'm willing to follow your way, but w/ blue lock tight on it aswell, does it have to do with the studs needed to be oilled?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has to do with the ease of performing the adjustment AGAIN, sometime in the future.

Last thing you need is for the rocker stud, polylock, and the set-screw to be glued together into a solid mass.

The ONLY thing this assembly needs is to be properly tightened, and that's easier to do by tightening the polylock AND the set screw together...although it helps to have the ARP studs with a flat end for the set screw to seat against.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue locktite will not glue it together into a solid mass,red will so don't use that. Your best option is to find some sort of self locking nut that needs no thread locker but if that's not possible use the blue. If you're running hydraulic lifters you will only need to set the preload once. If you do have to use locktite clean the studs and nuts well,apply your thread locker,adjust as prescribed and let the thread locker set for a couple hours before you fire it up and it starts slinging oil up on the studs and nuts.