Tbi headers : seeking advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well I guess that makes it clear headers are pretty much a waste?

Any other decent mods within $200 that are worth while?

Thanks guys

jlcms2007

Reaction score
Tuned exhaust is never a waste. But tbi has more issues than just exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best thing to do for your money is grind the ridges off of the throttle body and increase timing to 4 degrees.

Reaction score
I actually like the last two ideas. This isn't going to be a race truck but budget friendy more air in and out sounds like good advices as an aside I diagnosed and changed the dreaded cts sensor and the idle and startup seemed much smoother. Cheap $15 fix and throttle response improved. Good info throughout this board.

Thanks guys

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would also be interested in hearing experiences with inexpensive headers. One of my manifolds flange to the y pipe has rotted out and ive bean weighing options. It looks like the cost of two new manifolds is close to cheap headers, so if they both need to be replaced is it worth while? Mainly want to know if there durable enough, I had a OBX header on my cavalier no problems but thats not exactly the same.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The best thing to do for your money is grind the ridges off of the throttle body and increase timing to 4 degrees.

Fail. You may notice a slight off-the-line performance increase from that timing advance, but there will be knock counts (even if you don't ever hear a single ping) and that will cause the PCM to pull timing back, costing you power almost right away. Ask the guy who graphed it on the OTC Genesys only at 2 degrees, not even 4.

Richard