Subwoofer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They will indeed.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem, I just looked around for the hell of it and for a build around that budget I think I'd recommend these components.

Subs: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSW304R/Pioneer-TS-W304R.html?tp=111

Amp: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRVM500/Alpine-MRV-M500.html?tp=35834#details-tab

Those are both a tiny bit more expensive than what you linked, but there's some differences in THD ratings and frequency response ranges that would be worth the few extra bucks to me personally. What you linked will work fine, this stuff just might sound a little better for not too much more.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well i pused order right when you said they would work otherwise i woulda bought what you reccomended haha

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, oh well. It'll be fine either way. If you decide you'd rather get the other stuff I'm sure Crutchfield staff could modify your order no problem before it ships out, it's whatever you want to do though. Those were just what stood out to me in that price range.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
My thing is i know walmart sells pioneer it just makes me a little leary of them

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha I wouldn't discount them just because they're sold at WalMart. The ones you see there are nowhere near what they're capable of as a company. For example, my Pioneer head units are DEH-P880PRS which are an older model from their Premier line. When they were brand new their MSRP was over $1000. This was a few years ago but Pioneer still has a comparable sound quality deck, the DEH-80PRS. It's very similar to my old Premier decks internally and retails for around $350, but you won't see it in a WalMart!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Haha I wouldn't discount them just because they're sold at WalMart. The ones you see there are nowhere near what they're capable of as a company. For example, my Pioneer head units are DEH-P880PRS which is an older model from their Premier line. When they were brand new their MSRP was over $1000. This was a few years ago but Pioneer still has a comparable sound quality deck, the DEH-80PRS. It's very similar to my old Premier decks internally and retails for around $350, but you won't see it in a WalMart!

Yah ik thru sell the lower quality stuff there and it doesnt effect the rest of the line but its still in the back of my head haha

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hey, Taylor, Apologies for not getting back on that amp. Computer crashed & burned! Then got a new phone. From a crapple to a droid.
O.F. Syndrome + computer dumbass = "#@)("!:##!!!
Haven't been on the forum in over a week.
Looks like you got things figured out, though!
And this amp wouldn't be worth the shipping, anyhow. Old (OLD!) Kicker.
Yard Sale!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hey, Taylor, Apologies for not getting back on that amp. Computer crashed & burned! Then got a new phone. From a crapple to a droid.
O.F. Syndrome + computer dumbass = "#@)("!:##!!!
Haven't been on the forum in over a week.
Looks like you got things figured out, though!
And this amp wouldn't be worth the shipping, anyhow. Old (OLD!) Kicker.
Yard Sale!

No problem man ik exactly how that crap goes haha