Subwoofer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha same with me. I've got a giant cardboard box in the garage dedicated to spare mobile audio wiring and misc. parts.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I 'don't do' electrical well! I understand it, just find diagnostics a bit of a m*nd f*ck!
But I do do stereo stuff. Been messing around with them since Craig Powerplays were high tech!
I have one of the biggest drawers in my tool box (48"w) dedicated to just stereo wiring! No amps or H/U's. Just wiring! Lol!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
No problem! I love helping people out with sound systems. Now if only I could find somebody to hire me to do it....

Good luck on the school too. Always thought I would've made a good electrical engineer but I hate math too much. :grd:
Im going for industrial automation engineering
Haha same with me. I've got a giant cardboard box in the garage dedicated to spare mobile audio wiring and misc. parts.

I 'don't do' electrical well! I understand it, just find diagnostics a bit of a m*nd f*ck!
But I do do stereo stuff. Been messing around with them since Craig Powerplays were high tech!
I have one of the biggest drawers in my tool box (48"w) dedicated to just stereo wiring! No amps or H/U's. Just wiring! Lol!

Haha i dont even have my own garage but i have a 7 foot tall cabinent in dads shop with sub boxes head units wiring small amps capacitors and connectors and stuff haha

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! And I've been told that the 'not-low-enough' suspension modding was a disease!
The stereo thing is just as bad!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol! And I've been told that the 'not-low-enough' suspension modding was a disease!
The stereo thing is just as bad!

I hijacked a spare bedroom at my dad's house for these. :lol:

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Wow!
I'd have to do some hunting to get all my equipment in one spot, since the last move. All in boxes but kinda mixed in with all that other 'stuff'!
Feels like a yard sale coming on. Soon as it's warmer!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha the sad part is that's just all my Lanzar stuff. The dream was to one day use most of those in a full active setup in the Suburban, aka one actual channel of amplification per driver. Every tweeter, midbass and sub driver gets their own channel with fully adjustable frequency ranges. I'm going to need a lot more money if I'm ever going to finish that project though. Nice component sets aren't cheap and there sure are a lot of speakers to replace in that bus.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wow!
I'd have to do some hunting to get all my equipment in one spot, since the last move. All in boxes but kinda mixed in with all that other 'stuff'!
Feels like a yard sale coming on. Soon as it's warmer!
I wana be at that garage sale lol
Haha the sad part is that's just all my Lanzar stuff. The dream was to one day use most of those in a full active setup in the Suburban, aka one actual channel of amplification per driver. Every tweeter, midbass and sub driver gets their own channel with fully adjustable frequency ranges. I'm going to need a lot more money if I'm ever going to finish that project though. Nice component sets aren't cheap and there sure are a lot of speakers to replace in that bus.

Soumds like an awesome project to me