Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See if you have a good local hardware store and check there. I’m not talking your Ace or True Value. I work at the local one in town where I live that’s been open since 1928. We have probably 150 different o rings.

We have a hardware store I go to I'll try them if all else fails. There my go to for bolts and nuts. I need long 3/8 bolts for the alternator bracket and heading there

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucking along. Found some yellowish sludge on motor and dist

Btw these are felpro intake gaskets...

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Same here. It's only coolant after all.
The tee fitting is 3/4 on 2 legs and 5/8 on one( or maybe the reverse, I don't remember since it was 3 years ago when mine got changed). Anyway they are not all the same size. If you change to all one size you will need to replace the curved heater hose. I think I wrote down the Gates part number for the one I and my parts store lady found that fits. But you can't use just a piece of regular heater hose because it will kink closed.
I think the Y is all one size but not sure. I have a new one but haven't installed it yet. Everyone else at the park has dogs so draining any coolant here is not a good idea.
What Dad did on the other 99 Burb we had was find brass tubing that would slip fit in the plastic tee and heater control valve fittings. We cracked 2 HCVs by tightening up the clamp too much. But if it wasn't tight it would leak.... Hobby Lobby is a good place to buy that brass tubing, or if you have a good hobby shop in your area. It's K&S brand, comes in one foot sticks. Not super expensive last time I bought any. Epoxy it in place if it doesn't fit tightly.

Last edited:

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I wasn't able to fully clean the intake on my 4.3 when I did the gaskets. I had like 2 or 3 carb cleaner aeresol cans. Used them as best as I could and then put the darn thing back together.

Maybe a parts washer with mineral spirits would be a better option? I'm planning on doing a tranny rebuild and looks like the parts washer is a must?

Although something like a lower intake or some of the trans parts are pretty bulky, I have a largish plastic tub and dump some paint thinner/mineral spirits in and in conjunction with a plastic squeeze bottle full of thinner and a parts brush to clean parts.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
The only possibility would be electrolysis with the aluminum radiator (2 dissimilar alloys) causing scale and corrosion? I know when you connect iron pipe to copper you use a dielectric coupler, just saying :33:

Dead on with the concern but you're already mixing cast iron, aluminum and brass (freeze plugs). As long as the coolant to water mix is good everything should be OK. Back in the day we would check for electrolysis all the time but I haven't thought much about it for a good long time now. Signs we're getting old lol.