Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twenty something years ago I bought a Craftsman charger. It lasted about a year and the transformer in it crapped out. Since then I've bought two similar chargers at yard sales. They both have a 2a low setting. That's my preferred trickle charger.

I did have the Harbor Freight floating charger/battery maintainer. It lasted about a month. I would love to have about half a dozen small floating chargers to refresh whatever junk batteries I have on hand, but the HFs aren't up to the challenge.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Twenty something years ago I bought a Craftsman charger. It lasted about a year and the transformer in it crapped out. Since then I've bought two similar chargers at yard sales. They both have a 2a low setting. That's my preferred trickle charger.

I did have the Harbor Freight floating charger/battery maintainer. It lasted about a month. I would love to have about half a dozen small floating chargers to refresh whatever junk batteries I have on hand, but the HFs aren't up to the challenge.

I understand. Lol . It's always a hit and miss with hf

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I have batt fuse in and ign 1 fuse pulled alarm goes off but I can turn it off for only a min or 2 then it goes off again

The issue I'm facing is the alarm goes off when the batt fuse is pulled and cant turn it off til the fuse is back in. Would I plug it with a jumper then perform the test? Or just hook it up?

If you can connect the (switched on) MM across the fuse holder terminals before pulling the fuse then the MM should conduct enough to stop your alarm from tripping. This will probably be easier from the other side of the fuse board but it lifts out quite easily. Croc clips will help also.
You can then disconnect components downstream from the fuse and watch for a change of reading on the MM. I'd start with the IGN-1 fuse. Do you know which components it serves?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can then disconnect components downstream from the fuse and watch for a change of reading on the MM. I'd start with the IGN-1 fuse. Do you know which components it serves?

You mean the ign 1 fuse?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean the ign 1 fuse?

Yep.
But only because I suspect it is in series with the BATT fuse. If they are in series it shouldn't matter much which one you pull. I'm guessing they are in series because pulling either triggers the alarm.