Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see. Idk what it feeds. I'll have to find a stock wiring diagram. Although from .012 if I pull 1 fuse it drops to .07 if I pull both it drops to .02

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see. Idk what it feeds. I'll have to find a stock wiring diagram. Although from .012 if I pull 1 fuse it drops to .07 if I pull both it drops to .02

And if you pull the second fuse on its own the MM drops to 0.07A also - yes?

I had a look at the GM manuals and found this (page#305):

IGN -A; M6-N6; 40A; MAXI FUSE; 242; IGN -A SWITCH GO TO FUSE BLOCK BUS BAR
BATTERY; M7-N7; 50A; MAXI FUSE; 142; FUSE BLOCK BUS BAR, BATTERY

Above: Fuse name; fuse number; fuse current rating; fuse type; circuit number; what it connects to.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a look at the GM manuals and found this (page#305):

IGN -A; M6-N6; 40A; MAXI FUSE; 242; IGN -A SWITCH GO TO FUSE BLOCK BUS BAR
BATTERY; M7-N7; 50A; MAXI FUSE; 142; FUSE BLOCK BUS BAR, BATTERY.

That's interesting. So one to feed power and the other is to distribute power?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's interesting. So one to feed power and the other is to distribute power?

The BATT one as you say seems to be the fuse between the battery and the big fuse array (Fuse Central Module).

IGN-A is harder to figure. Could it be the other fuse array (door jamb) it feeds? Possibly the stuff that's only live with ignition on? With the ignition on and things switched on - what dies when the IGN-A fuse is pulled?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The BATT one as you say seems to be the fuse between the battery and the big fuse array (Fuse Central Module).

IGN-A is harder to figure. Could it be the other fuse array (door jamb) it feeds? Possibly the stuff that's only live with ignition on? With the ignition on and things switched on - what dies when the IGN-A fuse is pulled?

That's a good question. Am I able to hook up the battery and pull the ign fuse. Then see if there's power in the side fuse panel?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a good question. Am I able to hook up the battery and pull the ign fuse. Then see if there's power in the side fuse panel?

Yep - can't see why not.
Find a live first then see if it disappears when you pull IGN-A fuse.
Looks like you have two drains in parallel each of 0.05A. Circa 6-7 Watts.
PM an e-mail address if you want the GM manual with the electrical section. It's too big a file to post here. Maybe with more time spent on it you could glean more info that could be of use. I had little more time than to just glance it.