Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
January 2017. Since it was the dead of winter I hauled my transfer case and wiring harness to the basement to work on them in comfort. Here I found the distributor and coil connectors and removed them. Cadillac distributor is in the front, and large cap HEI. Also had a couple repairs to make. I chopped off the starter and knock sensor wires on the junkyard harness because they were difficult to remove at the yard, the engine in that 95 was very greasy. The injector plugs were fried and the VSS wire was broken. The CTS connector was burned to a crisp and I went 3 wire CTS anyway.
You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Watching this thread, dude you have some skills. Interested in the overhead console addition. I'm going to have the headliner done soon is the wiring complex?
The only thing in there is the garage door opener and the map lights. It's just power and ground and hot in run wires to the plug and the rest is daisy chained in the console itself. You can get all of that stuff from the convenience center under the dash.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Finished distributor. It has a lockout kit to eliminate the vacuum advance and the guts from a 1995 4.9 distributor for the 7 pin module and harnesses. The pick up coil is aftermarket for a 368 because the wiring on the original was brittle and the 7 pin uses a smaller spade connector. I repinned the 4.9 harness end for a 4 pin square instead of a 6 pin flat for space and appearance.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Next up is the power steering pump. I used the reservoir from the original Cadillac pump, and a core from a GMT900 2500HD. GM doesn't charge a core for them so I got a couple free from work, and they take the same rebuild kit as any Saginaw pump. I just had to drill hole in the casting to remove the snap ring. The older pumps had that provision, the new ones didn't.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Finished distributor. It has a lockout kit to eliminate the vacuum advance and the guts from a 1995 4.9 distributor for the 7 pin module and harnesses. The pick up coil is aftermarket for a 368 because the wiring on the original was brittle and the 7 pin uses a smaller spade connector. I repinned the 4.9 harness end for a 4 pin square instead of a 6 pin flat for space and appearance.
Blue Streak cap, that's what I'm talking about! Hope you have the blue rotor too, definitely needed on the coil in cap HEI!