Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Too cold to build an engine in February. I started working on the transfer case in the basement when the parts came in. I ran into a small snag, the switch is different between my manual trans and the auto i discovered while surfing the parts catalog for differences. The OE part was way too much for what amounts to a pocket item at the junkyard, so we made a trip and found this cool engine/frame. I think it was once a Chrysler Airflow.
You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Then the MTS parts arrived. I know it's not a big cam, but I planned on stock rocker for the medium term and want decent economy. This cam makes more power with better economy than stock.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I braved the cold for short periods to do some work on thee engine. Look at the size of these pistons!

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Next I ordered a differential drop kit for the front to help clear the oil pan and correct my CV axle geometry.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Here's my manual driveshaft. Plenty of spline for the longer 4L80E. I have no idea why the manual driveshaft was longer than the 4L60E one.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
And progress on the exhaust bolts. I wish in hindsight that I'd just taken them to the machine shop, they definitely aren't perfect.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Back to the transfer case. As I said before, I realized I needed a 3 pin switch for the transfer case. This extra pin tells the computer when the case is in 4LO so that it can shift the trans properly. I thought that it was a simple swap the switch and done, but the new switch was much longer and would lock the shifter in 2WD. Turns out the sector, the big cam on the end of the shift shaft, is different for the 3 pin switch. I bought a nice one from Ebay.