1995 k1500 aka granopy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
After I get my frontier sold ( if you know anyone in the market it’s a Nicely setup truck ) I’m going to be swapping out the torsion bars for coilovers . I like the adjustability that coilovers give and being able to quickly swap spring rates to maximize ride quality is nice . I’ve heard nothing but good about atomic fabrication from his build quality to his customer service .
You must be registered for see images attach

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like a cool setup but I would suggest strengthening the shock upper bracket as I have seen them get stress cracks across where they rise above the chassis and since it will now be carrying the whole weight of the front end it could be a problem over time. A heavy gauge triangle welded across the top of the frame and up the rear of the bracket would take any flex out of it and give you peace of mind.

Reaction score
That looks like a cool setup but I would suggest strengthening the shock upper bracket as I have seen them get stress cracks across where they rise above the chassis and since it will now be carrying the whole weight of the front end it could be a problem over time. A heavy gauge triangle welded across the top of the frame and up the rear of the bracket would take any flex out of it and give you peace of mind.
Ya I will definitely do some reinforcing , don’t plan on hard wheeling but it will see a ton of FS roads and snow .

Reaction score
This is wicked awesome!
I would love to build a expo/bug out/weekend warrior rig some day. Along with 276790 other projects rattling around my noggin.
Definitely keep us in the loop on this one.
Yeah, I’m definitely the same way always 10,000 things going on in my mind and I actually have a real bad habit of bouncing around from vehicle to vehicle that seems like every year as the
little lady calls it I have vehicular ADD on top of my normal ADD.