Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks like...Cadillac parts! I remember helping my dad take apart and clean a 472 when I was in junior high school. In Houston for several years, there was a garage that worked on a lot of Cadillac cars and other GM stuff. Every year, he'd buy a new 454 Suburban (back then available in a half ton, love those square body trucks LOL). He'd pull the engine, turbo 400 and rear axle and sell them, supposedly to local racers IIRC. Then he'd put the previous year Cadillac engine, transmission and rear axle in the Burb. Don't know how many years he did this for, but the place has been closed for a long time. Guess this dude is who really invented the Escalade?
We bought the 75 version in 79,with a 74 472 in it. The truck had been on a ranch and apparently was never cleaned or run above 15 mph. That motor was so full of sludge and crap we were scraping and spraying for days. The chassis was about as bad and the interior was nasty too. Long story, little shorter, we disassembled the truck and never got it put back together. Sold it a few years ago without the engine and transmission, cad rear axle was still in it. Whoever did the welding on the chassis didn't do a very good job; that was one of the things dad was fixing as most of the welds were broken. Not good on motor mounts! We still have the unassembled engine (dad got the 500 crankshaft and pistons to convert it) and the transmission in the shop building somewhere. I too was amazed by the size of the bore in that block! Could easily put my arm down a cylinder! These engines are torque monsters, and don't weigh a lot more than a Chevy engine. Have a friend who has a built 500 in his 61 coupe de ville custom,used to have a Latham supercharger on it and 4 Weber carburetors. Took that off for a 4 barrel carburetor.
I like your truck, and it's really cool to me that you chose to build it way different than most people would. Should tow well with the big Cadillac engine too,all that torque!

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Here's the spiralock for the intermediate. It's the same for TH400 and 4L80E and several vendors have it. I got it from Feiock.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
D'oh! Retainer pin broke off. No backside access. Have to drill next to it and fish it out. Repaired it with JB Weld. Fortunately I don't foresee messing with it any time soon.