Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
So I've been on this forum since it started, and it's about time I made a build thread. My truck has seen a lot of changes since I got it.
I purchased this truck back at the tail end of Cash for Clunkers back in August of 2009. We needed a truck to do stuff for the house and move things around, etc. I wanted something that I could take remote camping sometime in the future. This truck was less than 3 grand and a little rusty, but it was a custom conversion done by Starline Customs out of Utah and had wood accents and aftermarket seats. Z71 350 with a 5 speed. It fit the bill perfectly, so we bought it.

full

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I did the TBI mods and installed cluster LED's little cosmetic stuff in the first year I owned the truck. Then in April 2011 my alternator died and I did the first real modification. I installed a CS144 in place of the old CS 130. I also installed new intake gaskets.
You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Well a few posts in and already screwed up my timeline. In late 2010 I picked up a 14 bolt SF and installed it using an ORD Ubolt flip kit. Apparently I never took pictures of it. Used a Hummer H2 diff cover and installed new brakes on it. I figured I could get by with the brakes that were on it buy the shoes were bad enough that it blew both cylinders so I did it all.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
For quality of life I installed some bed tie downs. They come from 800 series and newer trucks and were a serviced part for some reason even though they were spot welded in. I just made a template and drilled some holes and dremeled slots and riveted them in place. Still one of my favorite mods, the bad is damn near useless without them.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
June of 2012, I installed an electric fan from a Ford Windstar. I built a harness that used a weatherpack relay mounted on the fusebox and powered off of the auxiliary stud. It was wired hot at all times and switched on and off by a thermostat switch installed in the passenger side cylinder head. This will be important later.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The electric fan worked great, but would always come on a little bit after the truck was shut down due to heat soak, so I added a circuit inside the fusebox to power the relay in run only. I think I have pictures somewhere, but it's pretty straightforward. This setup was in place for quite a while and a similar setup is still in the truck today.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
After we moved and settled in to our new house and scraped a little money together, I decided to tackle the worn steering and suspension in the spring of 2015. I replaced the pitman and idler arms and all 4 shocks. I got a set of Bilstien 5100s. Not trusting them to not bottom out in use, I decided it was time for a small lift, so I bought a shackle flip from ORD and cranked the front end a little more. I had a plan to correct the front geometry.