Starcraft option from factory????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Regency conversion truck. Aside from some wood bits, wide rims, fender flares and side skirts, and a center-console seat, it was just another truck. The body kit was long gone, but I replaced the poorly-made Regency seats with some Cadillac seats, sanded and refinished the wood, and I'm working on putting new rubber on the rims. When I'm done it'll be worth just as much as any other GMT400.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Whats with the pile of wires by the 4x4 shifter on that starcraft???

Tonw07

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1 owner 95 K1500 with a Starcraft conversion last week with 97,600 miles on it. Personally I kind of like the extra bits that come with the package. It came with the original Starcraft and GM paperwork. I have the paperwork showing what Starcraft purchased the truck for with what options and I have the previous owners original purchase agreement. $10k upgrade back in the day. I'm going to slowly work on getting it back up to its former glory.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tonw07

Reaction score
Nice to see someone on the forum buy that 95! I saw that for sale on Ebay a couple weeks ago, looks sweet.
On the forum as of this week haha. Yeah, I spent a bit more than I wanted on it but the wife liked it. They weren't telling the whole truth on the listing, but I drove it home 180 miles without issue. Neat old 95, just needs some love.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Hey! I sent that truck not too long ago! Damn, you got a good deal too. I love it, my 94 is a potential conversion truck. Near the VIN Tag says "Sparta Customs" in the jamb of the door, nothing on it online but I'm led to believe it's from Sparta, WI and it had some once comfy seats and wood. Really neat stuff these conversion trucks. Mine has pinstripes/slight graphics, PO had it for years before me. He didn't know what he had, I bet the first owner did because its only a 3 owner truck. I love mine but its history is dubious to but it nicely.

Found where I sent it back in April
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/stuff-that-catches-my-eye.35864/post-1232469
Good to see it come to a place where, I and more than likely 98Chevy2500ss like these trucks

Edit: spelling issues.

Tonw07

Reaction score
Hey! I sent that truck not too long ago!
Found where I sent it back in April
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/stuff-that-catches-my-eye.35864/post-1232469
Good to see it come to a place where, I and more than likely 98Chevy2500ss like these trucks
They're unique and I appreciate that! I got lucky it was so close, 45 minute flight, I wouldn't have got it otherwise. I scored a StarCraft front license plate step for it off of a 91 van the other day, it'll be a fun project.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Most definitely! Ever since my grandpa had gotten a 97 Chevy K1500 with a QC (Quality Conversions) conversion truck nearly 8 years ago I was a huge fan of the look. When my 97 gets restored, I plan on making it look like those old conversions. I've pretty much got everything I need to make it a 100% tribute truck, except the seats which I plan on leaving it the stock 60/40. While those conversion seats were super comfy, they were terribly made (made by FlexSteel) and wore out pretty quick. Plus, it's hard finding them in maroon, lol.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just purchased a 1 owner 95 K1500 with a Starcraft conversion last week with 97,600 miles on it. Personally I kind of like the extra bits that come with the package. It came with the original Starcraft and GM paperwork. I have the paperwork showing what Starcraft purchased the truck for with what options and I have the previous owners original purchase agreement. $10k upgrade back in the day. I'm going to slowly work on getting it back up to its former glory.

What’s in the overhead console (seventh picture)? Especially the black part and two rear pads.

I always thought those conversion packages were so neat back then but they sure packed a wallop on the sticker price. Most dealers around here had them in 2WD regular cab versions.

Tonw07

Reaction score
What’s in the overhead console (seventh picture)? Especially the black part and two rear pads.
I actually have a piece of original paperwork on the overhead console, which is how I found out what was going on up there.. In the front there is a hidden spot for a radar detector and a 12v plug for it. The black part is a dark plexiglass with lights behind it, but I need to hook up a switch for them. Nothing under the rear pads, just look nice I guess. In between them is the dome light