Starcraft option from factory????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeperguy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this interior upgrade or whatever else the starcraft edition is, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 91 burban on 22s, full fiberglass running boards, with what I think is a starcraft edition? 4 captains chairs, (most comfortable seats I've ever sat in hands down) all real wood trim everywhere, overhead wood console ,smoked plexiglass with custom lighting. Also rear wood with lights above side windows. The front center console even has a factory cooler, although Its broke. Pretty damn cool interior!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya gotta post some pics of that.
The only "Starcraft" I know of was a fiberglass boat manufacturer at about the same time as that.
Maybe a package deal of some type?
Does it have a hitch?

Paul Nucci

Reaction score
I am new to GMT400.com and have recently purchased a 1994 GMC K1500 Starcraft Pickup. The Starcraft company completed a limited number of pickup conversions. They were known as GMC Sierra K1500 Star Truck 4WD
You must be registered for see images attach

Paul Nucci

Reaction score
Here are more photos of the interior. I believe this truck was exported to Japan, then found it's way to Australia. Can anyone provide me with further information regarding the GMC custom conversions.

Paul Nucci

Reaction score
Are these conversions rare? The truck comes complete with all original documentations.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There were a bunch if different companies doing conversions back in they day. If your thinking that makes the truck more valuable, not really.

Paul Nucci

Reaction score
There were a bunch if different companies doing conversions back in they day. If your thinking that makes the truck more valuable, not really.
Not sure if i want to keep external appearance of the truck (with side skirts and graphics). I prefer the stock look without the fender trim. Looking for a center console - i would suspect that it came with a custom timber console, however I think i will go for a unit that may allow me to install rear camera screen. Any ideas, suggestions, comments?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO, your not going to effect the value by upgrading the truck. The custom truck packages are old, and not really worth any thing. Again, IMO, make the trick your own. There are a ton of options when ot comes to consoles. You can build one, or go get one at junk yard. I have even seen a newer Ford console installed in a GMT 400. The consoles from a 2002-2006 ish Tahoe or Suburban makes a nice swap. I installed a set of bucket seats from a 95 Tahoe that I found at a swap meet. And a console from a 2005 Tahoe, but only the nack half. They I built a custom floor shifter with a 1970 ish Chevelle shift handle. I built all of the base, brackets front of the console for that to fit into, ect. Think is, you can make almost any console fit with some custom work.