Modified 2000 Tahoe Limited For Sale - Columbus, IN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the tire size on your Limited?

275/55R17 all the way around, Michelin LTXs. Front camber is somewhat aggressive + fender rolling so that it clears and still has full travel. My second set of those tires on this truck, they have been great and it's wide enough rubber to have solid grip even though they're not performance tires.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you’re running coilovers in the front? What are you running in the rear, for shocks.

Yep, full Ridetech coilover setup up front. The rear is Ridetech coilover shocks, but with no springs on the shock bodies. The coilover shocks are somewhat nicer components than the standard shocks, and are also a larger diameter, higher volume shock. Custom welded shock mounts to fix the geometry and make both sides match in length and angle.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How’s the ride quality with the DJM Flip kit? I’m stuck between the DJM flip kit and Belltech 4” rear drop kit.

Shocks and springs will determine your ride quality more than a flip kit, up until the point where you bottom out. So whatever you do, you just have to make sure you still have enough bump travel and you're sitting around 30% of the way into the shock stroke at ride height. If you have less than 2-3" of bump travel, it won't be great. There are very few good off the shelf shocks out there, and at least when I built this, there were zero truly good shock relocation kits.

You have to do the C notch if you do the flip kit, which you likely already realize. These things run out of travel really quickly in the rear. You'll also need to move the exhaust up where it goes over the axle and possibly pull the fuel filler hose up a bit where it goes above the axle. I moved everything just to be safe. The notch kits come with these horrible flat poly bump stops - using GMT800 foam rear stops from a Tahoe will help a lot to give it that "never bottoms out" feel. I never ran mine with stock rear springs. If you ever tow or haul any weight, you will want stiffer springs, stock is really soft. This truck honestly rides great with a trailer or the hitch hauler on it. I don't mind how mine rides, but I am picky and if I kept the truck, I'd probably try to revalve the fronts to be stiffer, get some 1000 lb/in coils, and revalve the rears with a bit of comp free bleed or an early crossover to compensate for the spring stiffness. Or drop down to a softer spring pack.

You must be registered for see images attach

92SlammedC1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really nice truck, love the stance. If and when you have time can you please take some pictures of your set up front and rear, also where did you buy the rear leaf springs, where they off a 4x4? I’m assuming Oreilly’s? How’s the handling characteristics with the strong arms, would you recommend them?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No spindles. I had issues with them due to increased scrub radius - the tramlining was terrible with the wide tires. The coilover kit plus spindles would be way too low to be practical unless you had tires with a much larger rolling diameter and some serious fender mods to support it.

Leaf springs are from SD Truck Spring I believe. Yes, I would recommend the strong arm setup. I'm sure you could get close with aftermarket bushings, stock arms with trimmed rails, custom shocks, and custom springs, but I tried that route and am much happier with the ridetech setup than I ever was with the various other iterations.

92SlammedC1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember what spindles you had trouble with? DJM spindles keep the wheels in the factory location, “but you do loose turning radius”, unlike other companies, they push the wheel out .5” inch.

Last edited: