Starcraft option from factory????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine, here in New Zealand, has a 1991 Chevy G20Van that is a Starcraft conversion van that was converted to 4 wheel drive by the Starcraft company. It looks like they used a solid front axle from the previous square body. It has every kind of accessory you can think of in it but what a bugger to work on as there are no manuals to see what was original Chevy and what was custom. There is so much additional wiring that tracing issues is a huge task. Unfortunately, it's been sitting for about 4 years now and needs a lot of work to get roadworthy again.
You must be registered for see images attach

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Most definitely! Ever since my grandpa had gotten a 97 Chevy K1500 with a QC (Quality Conversions) conversion truck nearly 8 years ago I was a huge fan of the look. When my 97 gets restored, I plan on making it look like those old conversions. I've pretty much got everything I need to make it a 100% tribute truck, except the seats which I plan on leaving it the stock 60/40. While those conversion seats were super comfy, they were terribly made (made by FlexSteel) and wore out pretty quick. Plus, it's hard finding them in maroon, lol.
I've just liked them. We never had one, we looked at some in Sheboygan but this was years ago in the Squarebody era. I had a Mark III one, mentioned all the time here basically any time conversion trucks are mentioned, and I loved it. I didn't really know my 94 was a conversion truck until I opened my eyes and noticed the wood and leather.

Thread hijack over

Tonw07

Reaction score
A friend of mine, here in New Zealand, has a 1991 Chevy G20Van that is a Starcraft conversion van that was converted to 4 wheel drive by the Starcraft company.
That's pretty similar to the one I got my license plate step off of minus 4 wheel drive, very cool. I love those vans. That front bumper is wild! I have an 89 sterling coach limited G20 that has all the options, is a great old van.

snowhitechevy

Reaction score
Hate to revive an old thread but I got a ducks unlimited edition that was made in the StarCraft plant in 99 full buckets all the way back custom bench seat in the back door panels and emblems everywhere