91 suburban still Dead in the water no pulse at injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
This is what I have, this is what I bought, and this is as far as I got, as far as a reading goes. They gave away entire story before it even got started good or even some would say, mediocre. She needed a tuneup and I thought well the computer knows everything and this handy-dandy “little raider” I got on Amazon will tell me everything I needed to know about the truck and her woes. It told me that my truck was running perfect it only shows 12. The only Code has ever blinked from the dashboard. That's why early on i omitted the Service engine soon light when I redid my dash. No matter what was wrong with her, the reader/raider still only going to give me 12s. No One! no one would answer me what color was the wire to that lite no one answered that's when I left this and many other forums. That's why I hate asking for help. I came back just the other day and got shish kebab by Shirley. I Remarked and I got my hand slapped. I'm a disabled vet I get paid once a month and she has taken every dime from me every month for a year so no I can't afford a code reader. I really couldn't even afford the money wasted on this one. And I had paid more and gotten less, I would really be upset. So there the cats out of the bag, there's the big reveal I'm broke because of a Chevrolet took it from me just like an evil ex wife would do. Smiling all the way to the bank.
There is got to be ,there has got to be , I say, a cheater wire that I can just run make me have to not go through all this crap again. Ive gone through it wire by wire. I'm not afraid to admit and I can see y'all could guess already, I don't know what the hell I'm doing when it comes to Computer ****, I don't. Especially ones as backwards as this one is. Ever noticed the intake manifold? GM knew what it was doing. they knew if they were to put in a square Bore in the intake manifold, the throttlebodies would be snatched the moment it was bought and a carburetor be placed atop of it ASAP! but no, they put a triangle shaped hole in a square body. get your mind out of the gutter. The first time I saw one I seriously asked “how long is the extension cord for this carburetor!?! All levity aside. someone come to my house and fix my truck. I don't use shovels and I don't do roofing. but I will barter some kind of deal to pay you to fix my truck for me. need something welded done. Need something fabricated done. manual labor no. And I only like girls sorry Manuel. I'll even do the work just Point and shout instructions. I say this with all sincerity and because of that last statement that I read “one possibility out of MANY” good God man how many more more are there? Yeah I know two Mores, I saw that, how many? This is how it should go and you wouldn't have to be reading this and I wouldnt have to be getting my hand slapped for saying appropriate things, “it don't start? What's wrong here, what? Move out of the way, here watch this boy, hold my beer”
Points, Pack-O-matches, unscrew,insert, tighten screw, set, go! With maybe just a hint of WD-40, and it's off to the races.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 6

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shirley has told you--twice--what to look for at the injector harness.

Three times, counting now:

Do you have power to the injectors with the key turned to "Run" or "Crank"?

Do you have pulsed ground at the injectors when cranking?

Shirley is now out of here. Unsubscribing.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pointless to ask for help if you're simply going to ignore what you're told, because you think it should be some other way, or you get your feelings hurt because the person who took time to help you suggested a better way for you to get help.
You say you've been to several forums looking for help, have you done what any of the members told you to do?
Is @Schurkey an @sshat sometimes? Sure, but he's knowledgeable and always willing to help. Even after you threw your little girl name calling fit he offered help. He provided detailed information and asked for more input from you. Not because he's getting paid, not because he's looking for recognition, just to help you, a total stranger.
A 91 suburban is a square body, as such, questions about it don't belong on a GMT400 forum. That said, be respectful and follow the advice people are giving you and we will try to help.
You say you're a grown man, so act like it. If you wanna act like a child, go do that shìt someplace else.

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
It's pointless to ask for help if you're simply going to ignore what you're told, because you think it should be some other way, or you get your feelings hurt because the person who took time to help you suggested a better way for you to get help.
You say you've been to several forums looking for help, have you done what any of the members told you to do?
Is @Schurkey an @sshat sometimes? Sure, but he's knowledgeable and always willing to help. Even after you threw your little girl name calling fit he offered help. He provided detailed information and asked for more input from you. Not because he's getting paid, not because he's looking for recognition, just to help you, a total stranger.
A 91 suburban is a square body, as such, questions about it don't belong on a GMT400 forum. That said, be respectful and follow the advice people are giving you and we will try to help.
You say you're a grown man, so act like it. If you wanna act like a child, go do that shìt someplace else.
I’m not ignoring anyone I don’t carry my phone around like most people do Its not attached to my hip. I go back read what’s been said and if I’m able I’ll give you a knod. check and I’ll do my best to reply. I am grateful for the help and that’s what I’ve been doing combing through wires again and again and again. I didn’t mean to make the boy quit he just was way too nitpicky for my introduction introduction I’ve been around I just read up but really don't ask for help because of incidents just like that.

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
I’m not ignoring anyone I don’t carry my phone around like most people do Its not attached to my hip. I go back read what’s been said and if I’m able I’ll give you a knod. check and I’ll do my best to reply. I am grateful for the help and that’s what I’ve been doing combing through wires again and again and again. I didn’t mean to make the boy quit he just was way too nitpicky for my introduction introduction I’ve been around I just read up but really don't ask for help because of incidents just like that.
Hi Shirley I'm sorry! That's what you call an instant, mutual rubbing of the fur in the wrong direction. I wasn't trolling hello I was looking for my replies and unfortunately he was the only one that replied. Replied in that manner my first experience with ol’Shirley. Don't quit and for damn sure don't quit because of me.

Ed Hardy

Reaction score

Don’t quit Shirley I’ve been checking back and forth I have things other than this that are pressing, so I can’t always instantly reply back. sorry I bit so hard. I am I’m sorry you got admit though had a hard on for me The other night. And that being my first introduction ever to you or with you? We’re both salty. forgive and forget. But let’s not forget about my truck. I’m trying to keep up with all the questions and the directions and what have you, so……I’m, doing/trying as I’m reading I’m not reporting as I’m doing. Those are some magic fingers to be able to do that. again please don’t quit because of me. Other people like you, still, somehow….. ha ha ha easy! easy!

Ed Hardy

Reaction score

Yes I have power at the injectors run and start not in off not in accessories. I have my own Homemade Noid LITE. It lights up with 12v and when you’re turning the key but you can’t really see if it’s flickering or not with a pulse but it’s definitely flickering with the turn of the engine. Dimming of the lite and strobe effect of the light mimicking turn of the engine.

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
I didn't read all the essay(s), just glanced over, But did it say anywhere what the fuel pressure gauge reading was?
pressure reading is only been done by turning of the key or remote starter button to turn the engine over and that is between 12 and 15 psi

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
Knowing these truck's immense ability to mask a bad ground for a wide variety of ills I am naturally suspicious of a ground issue somewhere. Also the fuel pump is a real possibility. Do you hear it "priming" when you turn the key? Have you checked fuel pressure? I think I would start there and if the fuel pump is PROVEN to be ok then start chasing grounds.
If fuel pump goes whirrr like it’s supposed to when I turned the key on to prime. I do smell gas every once in a while it’s almost like a she dribbles during the prime but no pulse after that and I’ve got a rotation of four batteries standing by just to keep turning the motor over. I have gone through and I ground (As in with a grinder or polisher with an abrasive head) the frame and sheet metal. sheet metal to the frame, frame is sheet metal everywhere it shows me in the book where the ground or where the splices are. I’ve gone back and inspected all of my solder joints have removed and replaced with egad butt spices and quality white cap crimps which the wires are then down together with zip ties then wrapped in tape then covered with heat shrink. And after all that I cover it with loom.I don’t build it to tear it back apart but every time I make it Purdy I got a rip the **** back out, never fails.
You've been dicking with this for a year. Time to get a scan tool. You could learn the scan tool and diagnose the vehicle in much less time than you've got in it already. Not to mention, the savings in mental-health issues and counseling bills.

Runs if you pour gasoline into the throttle body. Got it.

I have no idea what a "compression run" is, nor a "fire run".

Similarly, I don't know what "codes on episodes" are.

There's more than 12 fuses.

Do you mean "circuit breakers"? Breaker points were what triggered the ignition coil before electronic ignitions.

OK, all your circuits have power.

The injectors should each have power whenever the key is in "Run" or "Crank", but no power in "Off", "Lock", or "Accessory".

The ECM controls the GROUND side of the injectors. They spray fuel when the ECM grounds each one, and they alternate--Left injector sprays, then right injector sprays, then left injector...until the duty cycle gets long enough that the spraying might overlap.

Point being, are the injectors powered; (which is why I asked about the fuses) and if so, are they being grounded? Several reasons they wouldn't be grounded: The ECM is not getting a crank signal from the pickup coil/ignition module; or the ECM has failed; or the wire harness between ECM and the injectors has failed. It's possible--but REALLY unlikely--that both injectors have failed. But again, you've replaced injectors with no change. So just like the ignition module, almost guaranteed to NOT be the issue.

You have never checked to see that the ECM is getting a crank signal. Thus the need for the scan tool.
You've put several ignition modules in the vehicle. Probably not that. The wire harness between ignition module and ECM is suspect, as is the ECM itself. The wire harness from ECM to injectors is also suspect.

Yeah, a year is too long. I get that you're frustrated.

God bless scan tools. What takes all weekend with a multimeter can be done in half-an-hour with a scan tool, and with improved completeness and accuracy.

Trying to diagnose computer-controlled vehicles without a scan tool is two steps away from hopeless.

Kester (not "Keister" :) ) makes acid-core solder. The acid is built right into the solder wire. Make sure that your solder is ROSIN-core, or fluxless.
www.kester.com/products/product/acid-cored-wire

I would really appreciate standard punctuation and sentence structure.
I really don’t know what you speak of when you say grounding of fuses. Really time I’ve ever grounded A fuse it would pop. I really don’t know what you speak of when you say grounding ffuses. But yes I have a test light connected to ground and checked all of my fuses and circuit breakers (thank you) and all are good. I have 15 fuses that’s not what I was speaking of. I was speaking of the code it was flashing at me was a 12 every time I ever hooked it up it was a 12 not 12 fuses OK thank you. I have checked the ECM for the crank and it does receive the crank signal at the purple with white stripe wire. I have taken connectors of the distributor off and I have taken readings at its PIN. they are all light up or blink or flash or what you. They all illuminate my test light N some different fashions they all have power. They are doing something like that supposed to all but one action, obviously. I'll check the wash from the distributor to the ECM make sure I had continuity on each wire. I've got a tone generator, to shoot sound/tone through and trace them out. I have a tool that will hunt down and locate a short for you. It will even test the component with Power to it if you so desire. That one kind of risky. It makes me nervous really. I don't use it that much unless I am absolutely sure what that wire goes to. Or looking at the component to be tested.