Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well you guy were just whistling Dixie when you said I would see a big difference, a little skeptical at first after my son doing his first. you could see a difference but not a big difference, could be because his is a couple of years newer than mine. So here is the low beam first, then the high bean, the last pic is of the OEM low beam plug on the passenger side. And I did tweak the level of the beams so the passenger is closer to the drivers side.

You must be registered for see images attach

The low beam, left on relay harness, right not.

The high beam, left on relay harness, right not.

This was the OEM plug on the passenger side, my son said it was worse than the driver side.

So :hail::hail::hail: thank you guys, especially you shovebill, for taking the time and patience to convince me it was sorely needed. Again Thank You!!!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Well you guy were just whistling Dixie when you said I would see a big difference, a little skeptical at first after my son doing his first. you could see a difference but not a big difference, could be because his is a couple of years newer than mine. So here is the low beam first, then the high bean, the last pic is of the OEM low beam plug on the passenger side. And I did tweak the level of the beams so the passenger is closer to the drivers side.

The low beam, left on relay harness, right not.

The high beam, left on relay harness, right not.

This was the OEM plug on the passenger side, my son said it was worse than the driver side.

So :hail::hail::hail: thank you guys, especially you shovebill, for taking the time and patience to convince me it was sorely needed. Again Thank You!!!

very cool...what bulbs do you have in thar?

and no thanks needed....i thank all YOU for stickin around and making this thread what it is......it's like "lightspeak" at a bar or bbq.....which is how i really enjoy threads.

too bad ya can't keep track of ****....next big thread...or maybe this one i'll have a TABLE of Contents in the beginning to have a "loose" idea of where pertinent info actually is.

is something wrong with the right bulb? the pattern looks a bit odd compared to mine and Dylan's.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's some pics of the 175's

absolutely gorgeous lens

it's not small by any means....81/2" by 5"

Last edited:

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
don't have clue...i haven't bothered to research it.....but i doubt anyone would WANT to put these on a roll bar...they're real fog lights.

here's an idea what thy are either way. stock, Airport 35, KC and the Cibie 175 fog, which is probably the best halogen fog light made.

My miscommunication. Yes, these are fogs that went on a pushbar or some GM mounting. I was referring to a larger KC driving lights with "GMC" Logos that mounted on a roll bar... another GM part numbered KC light... (not these fogs).

Also, there was another GMC truck that used the the same larger KC driving lights mounted on a roll bar with the same "KC" logo as these fogs have. It was the one-year-only, 1988 S15 "Back Country Edition"... it was GMC's precursor to Chevy's "Baja" S10... not as cool, but it did have an Avalanche-like roll bar on it that is worth decent coin to the right people.