Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I found this on a forum I check in on...thought it could help some better understand the reality of those stupid things in reflector housings so far. It may happen, just not now.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
When my buddy Nick (MrBeast, the guy with the white '94 3500HD wrecker that helped me build my HD wrecker) first got his truck it had the HD's original sealed beam grille but the previous owner had put HID's in it, using Hella? E-code style glass housings. I wish I could remember what happened to them but I'm sure a customer ended up with them for another HID install. They seemed kinda cool but I didn't want to run that grille on any of my trucks, just not my taste. They can certainly look good though as yours does!

Richard
Hell...I just saw this.
I never much liked the WT grills on these, hence why I started this thread. Over the years they have grown on me, but it's on a case-by-case basis, lol.

The red one in the picture is one from the internet, not mine. That truck would benefit from white steelies and dog dish caps IMO.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

beastie_3

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Philips Nightguide bulbs? Seems they are a step up from Vision Plus.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Philips Nightguide bulbs? Seems they are a step up from Vision Plus.

From what I understand, Philips NightGuide Platinum are replacing the Philips X-TremeVision line in North America. Not sure why but they should perform very similarly. I'm planning on getting some the next time I need bulbs.

beastie_3

Reaction score
From what I understand, Philips NightGuide Platinum are replacing the Philips X-TremeVision line in North America. Not sure why but they should perform very similarly. I'm planning on getting some the next time I need bulbs.
Makes sense. It was the updated product when I went back into my saved list on Amazon.