Abs light on, strange behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the speed sensors are on external brackets, and the tone rings are on the CV shafts, not inside the hubs.

MAYBE the sensor brackets are bent, so that the sensor is too far from the tone wheel. Worth checking.

Beyond that, I've had multiple vehicles where the wire harness is either outright damaged--torn, insulation worn through--or the conductors inside the insulation have corroded. Check the harness carefully.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the speed sensors are on external brackets, and the tone rings are on the CV shafts, not inside the hubs.

MAYBE the sensor brackets are bent, so that the sensor is too far from the tone wheel. Worth checking.

Beyond that, I've had multiple vehicles where the wire harness is either outright damaged--torn, insulation worn through--or the conductors inside the insulation have corroded. Check the harness carefully.
I am an idiot and assumed the speed sensor was attached to the hub like on gmt800 trucks, the sensors are separate. I just put new cv's and hubs on yesterday, along with sway bar end links because cutting the crusty ones seemed like a better option to make room for the axles than to drop the UCA. I was going to just buy new sensors, but neither O'reillys nor Rock Auto lists and speed sensor other than in the t-case. The wiring is in tact and I did see a small amount of damage to aome of the teeth on one tone ring. I will open the connectors and inspect for corrosion.