Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
nothing on but parking lights
You must be registered for see images attach

"fogs"

"fogs and lows

hi4 and fog

nothing

fogs....it does have a nice even spread, just too much errant light high up

fogs and lows...can see there's no difference in the signs from just the fogs, they throw THAT high....and seeing just where my low beams hit i know they need to be aimed a bit better, i can definitely come up a touch without issue......i have a place i can do that too, just need to get there and not get harassed by the store.

and all of em

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i should have moved the gloves off the dash...missed that till i saw the pictures.

my last effort for these lights is to make a shield that covers the bottom half of the lens.....so as to "stop" the bottom of the reflector from throwing the light UP.....i'll give that a whirl in a day or so just to see what happens...i have a reasonably dark parking lot near work that should show some side throw too....if i can keep the light on the ground where it belongs, they may actually be "decent".....but "toys and trinkets" they are.

they do make for a better low beam than i had when i started this though, LOL

i didn't adjust the headlights as well as i though after i did the whole grill guard dealio......that will be addressed this week.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i'll be bringing the other fog lights to work with me, i'll have Omar take the pictures as i do a "shoot out"....it should show the difference quite definitively on the ones i have to test....can set them all up at the same height with pig tails off the truck running...all getting the same 14.4V

all for another day.......

somehow i survived a full week of work and the two days off weren't long enough to rest up. 13 weeks took it's toll, atrophy sure took hold too.....with a "fit-bit" thing i borrowed and my pedometer "app" i was able to get a good average of just how much i'm on my feet...i average walking 4.67 miles a day doing my job......no wonder i could never get rid of the stress fractures in my left foot's metatarsals....that's the foot i had the big toe amputated from.......makes for "not much fun" walking all day.......could be worse though, i coulda lost the whole fu@kin foot....God is good.....has been to me anyway.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Even with the same bulbs you had, you essentially doubled the light output on the road by providing them full vehicle voltage.

this thread did prove the difference betwixt the stock crap setup and what a harness can do for light output. throw in good bulbs and SEE a greater difference too....i'm glad we were able to do that......sure went "round the Horn" getting there though, LOL

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's my office....there's three of us "service advisers"....and it's so fu@kin busy at this shop that our service counter has our own receptionist. no other dealership i know of has one....that's not including the service manager, my friend Jimmy....our girl Maddy.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious... In regards to the Anzos... I've had both sets of mine for about 4-5 years now and I haven't noticed any yellowing of the plastic. Both of my trucks are garaged every afternoon/evening though. Do you know how many years it took yours to start doing that, roughly?

Also in regards to the car wash issues... I've experienced that as well, but only temporarily on one set of them, and it was 100% my fault. There are little "stickers" on the bottoms of the Anzo housings that cover the drain holes. My dumb ass decided to peel them off on the first set I got for the Suburban. Turns out those are there for a reason, which explains why the adhesive was so strong. They're a really fine mesh, and they're designed to let air in but keep large particles and water out. I'd occasionally notice some condensation in those housings, and once a drop of water actually came in contact with my drivers side low beam bulb in a car wash, exploding the bulb in the housing.

However... I replaced the stickers with some carefully perforated duct tape and never experienced another issue. The Anzos in my red truck that I left the stickers intact on have never shown any signs of water intrusion at all.

Well, I had to stop a minute and think about it, wasnt quite sure. Visited a site I Admin to look it up.... April 21, 2012
Almost 5 years they've been on this truck... didnt think its been that long.

Also, pics showing Old Stock to New Anzo to Current Anzo

Again, its not terrible, and there is salt/calcium chloride on the lenses in the last picture, but you can clearly see the yellowing with snow and relatively new marker lenses as foreground and backdrop references

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, @Brother Al! Strange, I wonder why yours have started to yellow and mine haven't? Seems they've been on about the same amount of time.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Well, I had to stop a minute and think about it, wasnt quite sure. Visited a site I Admin to look it up.... April 21, 2012
Almost 5 years they've been on this truck... didnt think its been that long.

Also, pics showing Old Stock to New Anzo to Current Anzo

Again, its not terrible, and there is salt/calcium chloride on the lenses in the last picture, but you can clearly see the yellowing with snow and relatively new marker lenses as foreground and backdrop references

damn....i'm thinking i like that grill Al.....painted my color with black inserts, may be an ideer a brewin.....that's three ideers for the front.....LOL