Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Looks like a sweet place to work! Nice clean and well organized shop from what I can see.

yea, organized chaos......we all have our strong points and work well together....and we all have worked together in other stealerships.....Jimmy and i worked parts together in NYC Harley....he's the manager here and brought me up when i quit my last shop. and i dragged Rich and Omar with me from 2 different shops.

last season we had 7 "techs" in the shop, now we have 4 on each day....we bust $100K in labor a month average....it's still slow and Feb. was $87K.....when i left in November we were at $137K.......we're on course to break all past records as we're expeed to sell quite a few more units.......it's a pretty big boutique.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn....i'm thinking i like that grill Al.....painted my color with black inserts, may be an ideer a brewin.....that's three ideers for the front.....LOL

I took it off a dead 6 lug K2500 Tahoe LT. I see painted NOS GM ones occasionally on FeePay. Mine is actually a Dark Metallic Charcoal GM paint on there, but its hard to tell unless you are right on top of it. My truck is also not Black, its a Metallic Black Cherry, but its its not easy to see it except in direct sunlight.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nothing on but parking lights
You must be registered for see images attach

"fogs"

"fogs and lows

hi4 and fog

nothing

fogs....it does have a nice even spread, just too much errant light high up

fogs and lows...can see there's no difference in the signs from just the fogs, they throw THAT high....and seeing just where my low beams hit i know they need to be aimed a bit better, i can definitely come up a touch without issue......i have a place i can do that too, just need to get there and not get harassed by the store.

and all of em

If you drove there all the time, you could almost see without any lights as one of your pictures show, talk about light pollution...

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this thread did prove the difference betwixt the stock crap setup and what a harness can do for light output. throw in good bulbs and SEE a greater difference too....i'm glad we were able to do that......sure went "round the Horn" getting there though, LOL

Even though the LMC harness wasn't 'top shelf' in quality, it still made a believer out of me. I did not do any back probing to see what the voltage difference was, you guys already done that. I didn't need to 'reinvent the wheel', out of all this I am of the thought now that the older the vehicle the greater the need is for a harness/relay after market system. For me the difference between my sons 2000 Yukon and my 1998 Sierra proves that to me. While I could see a difference on his lights, I could see a bigger difference on mine.