side molding question, dumb but I need to know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im wanting to put the fatory side molding back on the truck, For anyone that still has it on theirs, could you tell me how long it is? Or how many inches I would need to do my truck. Its a reg cab stepside. Ive found a place that sells it in 160 in rolls and wanted to make sure that would be enuff to do the whole truck..

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Go to LMCTruck.com. They have pre cut strips of black and chrome molding for Regular Cab for about $100 or a 2-5/8"x 26' roll that you have to cut yourself for about $90. Hope this helps.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Buy the roll. You can make the pieces fit closer/tighter together, & not as short on the ends like the factory stuff. You will have to cut the leading edges on the front of the doors on an angle, so that it doesn't catch the fender when you open the door.

This is how I did mine. Didn't completely follow the body line as it has a curve to it. Snapped a chalk line from the bottom of the rear of the front wheelwell molding, to the rear of the rear wheel well molding, & continuied back to line it up with the molding on the rear bumper. (Yea, my rear bumper needs to be aligned!)

From back to front.

You must be registered for see images attach

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya its for sure more work the way sewlow did it, but in my opinion it looks so much better then the way the factory had it. Good looking truck sewlow. wpsharpshooter even tho i have my trim off on my truck I think yours will look great with it. I had a lowered 97 that was white, i took off all the moldings and regretted it, white trucks in my opinion look great with the black accent.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
ya its for sure more work the way sewlow did it, but in my opinion it looks so much better then the way the factory had it. Good looking truck sewlow. wpsharpshooter even tho i have my trim off on my truck I think yours will look great with it. I had a lowered 97 that was white, i took off all the moldings and regretted it, white trucks in my opinion look great with the black accent.

My truck is tan with molding and I agree. The white trucks I see w/o molding look too..... plain.