I Gotta Know!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well good news most of us by the grace of God survived our youth. Hell some of us with all our digits how we ain't sure but broken knuckles and ribs crap in our eyes ( that didn't belong) taught us some very important lessons. We don't have to pass it on and they don't have to listen. Some will some won't and some good give a she I it less but Thinger2 is correct if you don't pass it on it will be lost.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That particular spring is not under as much load as a coil spring on top of a lower control arm and inside the frame pocket.
When that ball joint let loose, it sounded like a loud shot from a 10mm when that arm slammed down and that spring flipped out of the lower arm spring cradle.

It was when I was in KC, Mo., so there was a lot of rust involved with a false sense of security that stupid ass tech had. He should have known better but he apparently FORGOT to leave the castle nut on while separating the ball joint and spindle. I had another tech follow behind him for a day or two.

I really really really did think he crapped his pants. He was white as a ghost and ducked to the ground very fast.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neighbor lifted his 77 F-150 4X4 and the evil wicked step daddy wanted me to put the stock Ford springs in front his 64 C-10. I was about 12 and I couldn't get those long ass springs compressed in there so he came out there bound,damned and determined to get those springs in. He had the LCA about half way up when that spring shot out and hit him square in the chest and knocked him back on his ass. He got 'em in there but he wore that scar the rest of his life.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What, in the name of the Wide Wide World of Sports, is this?

Because of the clear tube and what looks like a float of some sort, I am thinking it has something to do with measuring coolant/fluid efficiency?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently had back surgery and they brought me on of those breathing things that you have to draw on and keep one little weight suspended a certain height while lifting a plunger. I brought it home thinking I may be able to make it work for balancing carbs.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What, in the name of the Wide Wide World of Sports, is this?

Because of the clear tube and what looks like a float of some sort, I am thinking it has something to do with measuring coolant/fluid efficiency?
It's a flow meter for balancing vertical bore carbs. The idea is to get that little weight to be the same height on all the carbs at idle and just off idle.