Anyone know where I can find vaccum line illustration “diagram” for a 99” suburban SAI pump “California emissions”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m fairly clueless when it comes too Smog / California emissions etc .. what’s what and how all that works , but i know I had a broken vaccum line situation when I bought the suv .
I’ve got a 99” suburban from cali it has the Electronic style SAI “secondary injection air pump “ which sits in the spare battery box on Driver side .
I got around to buying new vaccum hose to fix and use in place of that old special plastic factory line that’s shaped with a zillion curves and dry rotted .

At the SAI Pump There’s two small vaccum lines that port out of the the pump , one goes to some port on top of the manifold and it has an outlet that runs out of that same port stretching over into the heater valve solenoid which is on the passenger side firewall below the heater core inlet.

I don’t know why or what that vaccum line does or why it goes from SAI pump to a heater valve solenoid .
But I wanted to make sure I routes it all correctly with the new “rubber vaccum line”

No visual indication too find at any local parts yard because most of the c1500s here in Michigan are not cali emission's Nor do they have a SAI pump

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM drawings from the parts catalog.

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Isn't there a decal on the grill cover with the belt routing, and AC service? Do you have the OE service manuals ?

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Isn't there a decal on the grill cover with the belt routing, and AC service? Do you have the OE service manuals ?
Yes there is that but it’s not gonna illustrate what I need to see …this is one of them situations where dealing with an Oddball vaccum line/ route / fix / re-route so it helps to visually see a GM diagram

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ok hear me out on this one
So number 22 “Heater valve” with vaccum line “23” attaches to part “24” which is referred as what ???
Then opposite side coming out of the SAI pump you have vaccum line “8” short length attaches to vaccum line “16” longer tube and then runs right into port “13”
What I don’t get is why is port 13 and 24 the same and only part on my truck with dual vaccum inlets
Part 13 and part 24 seems to be the same but diagram lists here as two different things

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This helps a ton for many reasons thanks
Where can I source this page online that actually names each part “#”

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here ya go...

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

So after receiving GM Parts diagram few days ago and routing new vaccum lines . I’d like a second pair of eyes if Anyone verify I routed these new rubber vaccum line replacements correctly to and from the right ports ?

Seems the Electronic SAI injection pump on the 95-99 5.7 suburbans or trucks with this particular emissions setup , the vaccum lines are routed between three parts

- Heater vent valve “On firewall”
- Crank case vent valve
-SAI Pump

I’m showing the GM parts illustrations from Nemiga
Outlining in red how I did this as well as real-time photos from my engine bay.

Seems part # 13 and part #24 are the same part “crank case vent valve “ ?

The difference I see is My vent valve has one port out of the side and pcv port out of the top. Gm replacement has 3 ports

My factory crank case vent valve has a Rubber press fit dual outlet press on for the two OEM plastic vaccum Hard lines that broke .
The way it looks and how it did before it all broke One line is supposed to go to direct from the crank valve to sai pump and the other runs over from the crank case valve second port to the passenger side firewall connects direct to the heater vent valve . That’s the way I see it and believe it to be correct.

I split both the new rubber vaccum lines out of one of the Crank case vent valve .
It still seems maybe the aftermarket Crank vent valves are redesigned and use two ports. You can see the difference between a GM parts listing photo and the factory one in my suburban.

New vaccum tube ran from
#13 “crank case valve”
Directly over to #20 “SAI Pump”

Vaccum hose ran from
#22 “ Heater vent valve upper port”

Directly over to the #24 Crank case valve.

^ Redesigned crank case with three ports ?

Above oem two port vent valve “Two” new vaccum hose out of the fitting

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Continue with photos
Below vaccum line ran from crank case valve to the sai pump inlet replacing the broken hard tube