Rock Crawling Competition last Sunday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whyteboy97

Reaction score
i love your truck. cant wait to see what else you do....what happened to that monster truck wheel that went into the trucks on your other video lol.

Nor Cal Vor

Reaction score
Love your rig! What springs are you running on your rear? Did you have to move hangers forward, how much? That's the ORD shackle flip right?

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love your truck. cant wait to see what else you do....what happened to that monster truck wheel that went into the trucks on your other video lol.

it caused 11k in damage to my tow rig. my insurance paid for it and is still actively suing the driver of that truck totally beyond my control. I actually dropped the company (geico) after that. they wanted to drop me from the policy just because I went to that event. A-holes. The driver (Larry Quick) was cool about it. It wasn't his fault. The staff there should have never put us in that spot. Dumb *****. The exact same thing happened last spring again. Only this time it was the last truck of the show and all us rock crawlers had left the area. thank god. I don't park there anymore.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love your rig! What springs are you running on your rear? Did you have to move hangers forward, how much? That's the ORD shackle flip right?

I cut 8 inches off the rear of my frame. run 63", 6" lift pro comp rear leaves with some of the leaves taken out. I run ORD shackle flip reversed (the right one on the left side and vise versa) moved forward 6 inches on the frame. Then a 4" shackle. it took a lot of experimenting to get it right.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a good look at them at work. check out the articulation of the shackles. I cant get anymore out of them. the second pic shows one maxed out at full stuff while the other is at full droop.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nor Cal Vor

Reaction score
That's sum great flex! Your front hangers on the procomp 63's are in the stock location? & the reason you flipped the ORD flip is bcuz you cut 8" off the rear?

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes and yes. The ord shackle hangers are meant to index the shackle for more droop. I moved them so far forward that if they were still run like that my shackles would invert at full stuff. I could have moved the hanger back or welded a stop on the hanger or shorter shackle but instead I found that if I reversed them and found the exact spot they could be to leave enough angle on the shackles to allow maximum flex without inverting. It works good.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
That last video is bad ass! Truck sounds wicked.. and those pics of the shackles are awesome, shows us what they can really do!
I was wondering about that monster truck tire as well, lmao!