Is a Quick Ratio Box Right For Me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlindsey19

Reaction score
I’d avoid Cardone completely. At least look at this:
That was one I was considering, but its the 12.7 quick ratio.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one I was considering, but its the 12.7 quick ratio.
I know. FWIW, there are so many bad reviews on Cardone. Isn’t the Lare’s Made in USA and a new part, not re-manufactured?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As said the quick ratio may not be a good choice because of the higher CG in a lifted truck. The other reason is if rock crawling or playing in the mud and you catch a root it will try to snatch the steering wheel out of your hands. Leads to broken thumbs.

dlindsey19

Reaction score
I know. FWIW, there are so many bad reviews on Cardone. Isn’t the Lare’s Made in USA and a new part, not re-manufactured?
The Lares and Cardone are both "New" boxes according to rockauto as well as all the ones I listed off a couple posts ago. I don't run anything remanufactured if I can avoid it. Had too many issues out of reman stuff in the past.

dlindsey19

Reaction score
As said the quick ratio may not be a good choice because of the higher CG in a lifted truck. The other reason is if rock crawling or playing in the mud and you catch a root it will try to snatch the steering wheel out of your hands. Leads to broken thumbs.
Gotcha! My truck isn't really that lifted imo. I cranked the keys in the front to level it out but that was really it. It doesn't have a 6" lift or anything crazy.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it just needs to be adjusted. Correctly.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dlindsey19

Reaction score
Maybe it just needs to be adjusted. Correctly.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I never touched the steering box on this Yukon. I'm pretty sure it's even the original possibly. It sat in a field for 4 years before I bought it and fixed the blown up rear end.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never adjusted one either, mine is fine with a little over 80k, but I hear of many with loose steering boxes and just replace. Often with a new made in China box, when maybe just servicing the original like the manual says is all that’s needed.