Borgeson Steering Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m looking into replacing my steering box and want to know what y’all are running? I’m looking at the Borgeson box but am also open to the Redhead, Bluetooth and other reputable companies. I’m wondering how these boxes hold up compared to a junky reman and what y’all would recommend. For the amount of money, I only want to do it once. I’m also replacing the tie rods, drag link, pitman and idler arms before throwing it on the alignment rack. Thanks.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did they have the joints on the center(drag)link in 97?
I am not sure what joints you’re referring to. There is the rag joint on the shaft that I will replace but as far as the drag link goes, it’s just the pitman arm coming off the box and the idler arm off the idler arm bracket on the frame.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 91 the joints are on the pitman arm,idler arm and the inner tie rods. The center link is just a steel bar with holes to accept those pieces and would never need to be replaced unless it got bent somehow. I was wondering why you would be replacing it unless it has worn joints on the ends.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 91 the joints are on the pitman arm,idler arm and the inner tie rods. The center link is just a steel bar with holes to accept those pieces and would never need to be replaced unless it got bent somehow. I was wondering why you would be replacing it unless it has worn joints on the ends.
Mine is the same way as well. The truck has been wrecked before and have not been able to completely dial in my alignment so I’ll spend the extra money on it while it’s apart to rule it out. Otherwise, I’d leave it.