steering wheel alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got the cunningham steering shaft.
with front wheel straight ahead, pitman arm parallel to steering box, and stub shaft flat pointing up, when the flat on the shaft joint is aligned with the flat on the stub shaft the steering wheel is about 45 degrees turned to the left.
the steering wheel can be mounted on its shaft only one way around, and nothing else to align
is it normal?

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
set screw has to be on the bottom,otherwise it will not be orientated correctly to get it perfectly straight read through this thread

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the steering wheel mounted to the shaft properly?

Used to be that the shaft and the wheel each had marks that needed to be aligned. Folks would move the steering wheel on the shaft to "straighten" the steering wheel, instead of doing the proper adjustment at the tie rod adjusters.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you were replacing them with new, yes. In this case your your adjusting them to bring the front wheels into align with the steering wheel centered.

So with the wheel centered , which ever way there pointed try adjusting/ bring them to center .