Riggs - My 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 CCLB work truck and family play machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the blower motor... replaced the blower resistor... also replaced the recirc blend actuator. Everything working good now.

I didn't fight with the upper recirc actuator screw, it was a battle getting it out. Anyone else replaced theirs and left that screw out?
That screw never goes back, on any truck I change one on.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jumped on the truck today and the blower did it’s thing again where it didn’t work. Replaced the last piece, the blower relay… really hoping that puts it to bed.

Also set up a temporary switch for Tow/Haul. I swear, it’s temporary, just wanted it working for my upcoming trip.

Yes, I know I’m supposed to use a momentary..
You must be registered for see images attach

Verified shifting mode changes.

Also fixed my trailer brake wiring, thanks to this post https://www.gmt400.com/threads/added-a-brake-controller.14241/

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine from a newer full size, and to use it you'll need to file another flat where it attaches.

Astro is much easier, you won't need to file anything.

I will suggest a little blue loctite on the mounting screw when you put it in though, like how the old one will come out.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tow/Haul shifter from an Astro van. Same shape as the OBS shifter and bolts up the same; that's what I did my truck and I think @Mangonesailor did the same.

I got mine from a newer full size, and to use it you'll need to file another flat where it attaches.

Astro is much easier, you won't need to file anything.

I will suggest a little blue loctite on the mounting screw when you put it in though, like how the old one will come out.
You guys do anything for some kind of indicator light?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had big ambitions to wire up some kind of signal light on my trans-temp gauge, but for now it's a big enough difference I know when I'm locked in tow-haul.
There's a switch the in S10 Blazers that was both an indicator light and the momentary switch for the tow-haul, if you want a light to show you're in tow haul that might be the best route?

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had big ambitions to wire up some kind of signal light on my trans-temp gauge, but for now it's a big enough difference I know when I'm locked in tow-haul.
There's a switch the in S10 Blazers that was both an indicator light and the momentary switch for the tow-haul, if you want a light to show you're in tow haul that might be the best route?
I have an idea just haven't had time to employ... was mostly curious if anyone else had done something along those lines.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can just feel the difference.

I have some things on Amazon picked out, some switching solid state relays and what-not to give me an indicator. But usually I just watch to see if my trans downshifts or upshifts when I press the button and then I know

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PS, did you try out my transmission shift points?
I did, but it's been a while since then and I fussed with the tune since then and think I rolled everything back. I just need to give a good go at dialing in the tune on this thing and take a Saturday to work on it. Those have been scarce lately but that should be getting better now that summer is over. I'll give it a re-look at that point.

So little update from weekend camping trip, last trip of the summer. Tow/haul was a nice add and made it much less fussy to drive. There's still some adjustments I'd like to make on that as well but it was an improvement. I do notice sometimes the trans will go full line pressure and have HARD shifts, so I'm hoping something deeper isn't going on there and it's just a tune thing.

Also noticed now my tune is running PIG rich, like .88-.9 lamba ALL THE TIME, and my towing milage dropped hard since earlier this summer. I don't know what I did there or what happened, but it's almost like it's staying in PE constantly, even when cruising with the trailer. It also feels like it doesn't have the power that it should while towing. I really just need to hammer out on getting the tune "good", especially with VE and MAF, then reviewing where things are and going from there. It's a time thing...

Took a day trip to a nearby brewery Saturday, about a 10 minute drive, and got the flashing SES indicating a random misfire. I didn't feel anything, truck didn't buck or make any noises, and if it wasn't for the light, I wouldn't have noticed any misfires. So that hasn't really gone away I guess, and when I look at HP Tuners I still see those random misfires on 4 and 7. Not sure where to go next on that, maybe making sure I have good separation on all my plug wires ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It didn't do it at all while towing.

But! The A/C worked the whole time thought, so I got that going for me, which is nice.