2000 Crew Cab Short Box with LQ9 VortecMax Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm keeping my eyes out for a gray upper console that has the large front opening. I want to add the DIC there.

You must be registered for see images attach

@Cokeman95 can probably find you a full-size gray overhead console..he seems to find those. I currently only have a blue one.

Glad to see you are keeping the truck up! Are you going to add cab lights?

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, maybe I'll send a message to cokeman. I'd also be interested in swapping someone for mine?

I am not going to add the cab lights. I like the clean look without them. I am also thinking about swapping out the tow mirrors as I really don't do much towing.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not doing much to the truck aside from driving it. I made a trip recently to a pick-a-part and found a few items for the a few mods I've got planned. First up was a new overhead console that has the large opening. I'm planning on swapping in a 01-02 Escalade DIC which has more options and nicer display than the Blazer DIC, in my opinion. It works really well with the 99-02 LS swaps.

Disassembled the rear A/C control panel to keep just the cover.

DIC module and the cover that I will trim down.

Here is my initial test fit. I need to trim a little bit here and there for it to sit more flush with the outside face of the OHC, but I'm really happy with the way that it's fitting in the hole. I want to bring it out to sit nearly flush with the face, and trim the bezel to that it tightly fits around the DIC. I think it's going to turn out really nice when done.

I also bought some 06 Silverado dual coolings fans on eBay recently and when I was at the yard, I found another truck there with the fan wiring mostly intact, so I grabbed that. They cliped the relay box up top which is what I was really hoping to find, but I settled for the un-cut harness instead. I bought some new relay terminals on eBay so that I can crimp them on rather than butt solder together the wires. Will make for a much longer upgrade.

I'm hoping that once it gets a little warmer that I can start the cooling fan swap. I basically just need to make a few lower brackets to hold the bottom and two upper brackets to secure the top. Should be pretty straight forward, but need time to get it done. I also bought the credits to unlock the ECU with my HP Tuners so I'm hoping to make a few tweaks to the tune to gain a little better fuel economy as well as adjustments for tires, cooling fans, and MAF tuning.

Cheers,
Ryan

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate it, I love it too. Just need to make some changes here soon and I'll enjoy driving it that much more.

Until recently I've just been driving it and collecting parts here and there. The muffler that is on the truck sounds good, but is too loud for a daily driver truck and I can't deal with the exhaust drone anymore.

I ordered a Dynamax Ultraflo X that has a built in x-pipe which will help with the exhaust drone and should quiet the truck down. I also ordered a set of flowmaster catalytic converters so that it is legal in NY and to help reduce a slight exhaust fume smell. I also picked up 8 stainless band clamps to get the job done.

My fan blower motor was on it's way out and after looking at all of the options out there, I came across a brand new Delphi fan on eBay for $36.00 shipped. Can't beat that even with RockAuto's cheapest motor with shipping. Here's the part number if anyone wants it, BM10036. The issue with my truck is that it uses the 2nd design fan that has a 2 blade plug rather than two single blade pins.

I've started on my 05+ Silverado electric fan swap last night. It was pretty straight forward and fits incredibly well considering it was never made for our trucks. I'm very happy with the results so far, and hope to finish up the radiator brackets, tune and wiring this weekend. Some pictures from last night.

First I pulled off the fan surrounds and removed the upper radiator hose.

Next was to figure out how to get the fan and clutch assembly off of the water pump. After thinking on it for a while and not successfully breaking it loose, I figured I'd let the tension from the belt help me and just simply "apply the brakes" to the water pump pulley since the belts were so close. I gently clamped down on the belts and water pump and used a large crescent wrench with a leverage bar and it popped loose. Nice!

First test fit was awesome, it really just drops down into place like it was meant to be there. Lots more room too without the fan in the way.

Now I had to figure out how to make everything live happy together. The fan assembly is a little too wide to fit in place stock without having some tension somewhere and I didn't want to force anything.

My solution was to trim about an inch off of the end of the upper radiator isolator and bracket so that they all fit nice and tight against each other. By trimming the bracket and isolator down, there was still enough material that the radiator is fully engaged and doesn't change how much rubber is clamping down.

This is where I ended for the night. My plan is to use the upper radiator mounts and weld on a bracket to bolt on the fan assembly. Similar to what was done on project "Storm".

So much room for activities.

Hoping to have the rest done over the next few weeks.

Ryan

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today, I went out to start my truck after installing my new Dynomax Ultraflo X muffler last nightfound this! I didn't notice it last night, but I guess this would explain why the truck seemed to get louder on my 10 min. test drive last night!

Glad I bought it through Summit, because they were super good about returning and already processed my return order. Kudos to them.

Last edited:

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get the bottom mount of the electric fans figured out? I apologize for not getting back with you on that.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never did get a picture with the plow on, but I do plan to move it soon, so maybe I'll snap a few pictures while I have it on.

Yes, thank you I did figure out the lower e-fan mounts. I see what you mean now, it doesn't fit into the grooves that the stock 05-06 trucks had, but rather the whole bottom lip of the fan assembly drops right into our trucks core support. Very solid on the bottom, just need fab up my upper mounts and get it wired. Hoping to get that done soon.