2000 Crew Cab Short Box with LQ9 VortecMax Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
sooooo clean!!!!!

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love this truck! Washed it up last weekend when I was installing my plow mounts and snapped a few pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also swapped in the new mirror that has both a compass and temperature readout, so that I can add in the 01-02 Denali/Escalade DIC in the overhead console. I'm keeping my eyes out for a gray upper console that has the large front opening. I want to add the DIC there.

I bought a non-broken one on eBay a while back, so the button won't be broken. I got this one for the pigtail basically.

I bought a new Dynamax Ultra Flo X muffler that I'm hoping to swap in soon to help with the drone. I also bought some GMT800 electric cooling fans and am going to swap those over as well. I'm going to use my HP tuners over the next few months to hone in the tune as I think the MAF curve is off slightly. I'm hoping to improve my fuel economy closer to 14 mpg. Time will tell if I can get it there.

Cheers,
Ryan

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love this truck! Washed it up last weekend when I was installing my plow mounts and snapped a few pictures.

I also swapped in the new mirror that has both a compass and temperature readout, so that I can add in the 01-02 Denali/Escalade DIC in the overhead console. I'm keeping my eyes out for a gray upper console that has the large front opening. I want to add the DIC there.

I bought a non-broken one on eBay a while back, so the button won't be broken. I got this one for the pigtail basically.

I bought a new Dynamax Ultra Flo X muffler that I'm hoping to swap in soon to help with the drone. I also bought some GMT800 electric cooling fans and am going to swap those over as well. I'm going to use my HP tuners over the next few months to hone in the tune as I think the MAF curve is off slightly. I'm hoping to improve my fuel economy closer to 14 mpg. Time will tell if I can get it there.

Cheers,
Ryan

I gotta imagine there is some room to throw more timing at the factory map, electric fans should also help

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't be sure about the fan. Whatever clutch my 98 had would freewheel effortlessly. I never saw a gain by putting an electric fan on it the way I did my old TBI truck. AC blows colder at a red light though, so there's that.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't be sure about the fan. Whatever clutch my 98 had would freewheel effortlessly. I never saw a gain by putting an electric fan on it the way I did my old TBI truck. AC blows colder at a red light though, so there's that.

You may be right on that lol I can't say I noticed a difference with electric fans on my truck, but I read of many people claiming gains so I figured i was an outlier.

Ryan, what are you seeing for mileage currently?

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm averaging around 11-12 mpg mixed driving. I went out and checked the clutch fan cold and it was pretty stiff so I'm hoping it will help. And like what was said colder AC is a plus.

I'm not expecting it's going to change significantly but I'm hoping a bunch of little tweaks here and there can bump it up to around 14mpg. If I can I'd be incredibly happy. I think my biggest gain will come from revising my tune.