Paycheck again at 71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
More progress today on the 2006 F150 engine/transmission work. Did the front diff fluid today too. The engine mounts attach to a plate and the plates bolt in at 3 points. They were cruddy and rusty so I cleaned both of them and painted black. chased all 4 exhaust studs for the Y pipe. mounted both motor mount assemblies and also checked the exhaust manifold for flat mount at heads and then cleaned them for the fresh exhaust gaskets. mounted and torqued to spec and prepped for dropping in the engine bay. Dropped the engine and went home.

You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not even the appearance of "security"

I like the key code locks where you have to punch a code to get in. Most are defeatable with a pocket knife, credit card, scrap of plastic sheet torn from a package..

Anyway my original reason for replying was just how odd that Ford engine looks to me. I'm so used to SBC's and BBC's and the occasional LS and Hemi, for some reason that Ford just looks alien. I mean I know its a somewhat modern American V8 but it just looks weird. I'm glad I don't have to work on them.

When my wife and I first got back together after 10 years of lost contact - (we weren't married before but had been in a relationship when we were much younger and had parted amicably, stayed good friends until I did a series of out-of-state moves and we lost track) ... she was driving a Ford Explorer with the 5.0 V8. Every single time I had to work on that thing I swore I wanted to push it out into the street and set it on fire. Eventually we sold it and I had her driving my black '94 C2500LD (which she absolutely loved) then I replaced that with the Magnum SRT8 and eventually the Silverado SS she has now. Never heard her say a word about missing that POS Ford.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not even the appearance of "security"

I like the key code locks where you have to punch a code to get in. Most are defeatable with a pocket knife, credit card, scrap of plastic sheet torn from a package..

Anyway my original reason for replying was just how odd that Ford engine looks to me. I'm so used to SBC's and BBC's and the occasional LS and Hemi, for some reason that Ford just looks alien. I mean I know its a somewhat modern American V8 but it just looks weird. I'm glad I don't have to work on them.

When my wife and I first got back together after 10 years of lost contact - (we weren't married before but had been in a relationship when we were much younger and had parted amicably, stayed good friends until I did a series of out-of-state moves and we lost track) ... she was driving a Ford Explorer with the 5.0 V8. Every single time I had to work on that thing I swore I wanted to push it out into the street and set it on fire. Eventually we sold it and I had her driving my black '94 C2500LD (which she absolutely loved) then I replaced that with the Magnum SRT8 and eventually the Silverado SS she has now. Never heard her say a word about missing that POS Ford.

Richard
That Ford 5.4 engine is an overhead cam engine with VVT. What failed on that old engine, is both of the hydraulic chain tensioners, located toward the top of each side, had sprang oil leaks and that had caused oil pressure starvation to first one camshaft and then the other and the resulting damage caused lots of noises.

As we/I put this together, the owner has bought new, mostly from Motorcraft, radiator, condenser, transmission cooler and lines and reman transmission, motor and transmission mounts, intake, throttle body, accumulator, plugs that came with the engine, ignition coils.....etc. He spent an extra $2500 at RA.