2000 K3500 Crew Cab Long Box Build

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by Chackerman, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Hobie

Hobie I'm Awesome

Looks good my friend! Surprised you are keeping the old style steelies on, rather than a newer style alloy or "fancier" looking steel wheels. Yet I know some people prefer the look of the old steelies. And hopefully it does well in the snow! We have some snow in the forecast later this week as well. (Its not supposed to be snowing yet here. And I'm not happy about the cold weather lol)

2. Chackerman

Chackerman OBS Enthusiast

steelies are for the winter. Alloys will go on in the spring.

3. Chackerman

Chackerman OBS Enthusiast

Got my Blackbear tune today! Easy install, had to follow the instructions for the security relearn. 4 cycles later and I’m up and running. No case learn code yet(thumbs up).

Initial impression (5minute drive to gas station)is better starts, smoother idle, better take off from a start, and definitely better acceleration. Engine rpm drops faster between shifts as well, which is a change I was hoping to see after the auto to manual swap. Looking forward to driving more and seeing what else I notice.

100% city gas mileage before tune was 24l/100km or 9.8 US mpg. I’m hoping to be close to 20l/100km... but that may be dreaming

Christian Steffen likes this.
  4. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

You'll need about a week to begin to appreciate the responsiveness more as you see the truck in more scenarios.

Christian Steffen likes this.