2000 K3500 Crew Cab Long Box Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removed the steering box, removed pitman arm and replaced pitman shaft seals. Bolted steering box back up, deleted evo from the power steering pump. Got the fan, and fan shroud installed, and upper and lower rad hoses. Was a productive 2 hours.

Any suggestions for the hydro boost power steering fluid? ATF or actual power steering fluid?
I always use atf in gm.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got all the misc wiring for the engine done. Filled with fluids and flashed it up. Fired up 2 seconds in to the first crank! Sounds awesome once the power steering system bled. Ran it for 10-15 min at 2 k to help break in the stamped rockers. Checking fluids all the time.

Only problem is it settles into an idle at 1500rpm. Doesn’t go any higher or Lower. Any thoughts? I’m thinking it’s because I’m still running the 4l80e computer. Now that its been running my plan is to order the black bear tune.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can say with confidence that he trans tune has nothing to do with it. Try and drive it some more to see if a CEL doesn't surface, the easy button.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can say with confidence that he trans tune has nothing to do with it. Try and drive it some more to see if a CEL doesn't surface, the easy button.

Not quite road worthy yet otherwise I would. No change when I unplug the IAC, I thought there should be a change.

No CEL yet, sprayed and no vacuum leaks.

I’ll look into testing the iac tomorrow

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double checked vacuum leaks... none to be found. Removed iac and tried cycling with key on/off, no movement in iac. Had someone start it with my finger blocking inside iac port. I could regulate the idle down to spec using my finger as a temp iac plunger.

Guess I need a new iac valve? Should there be movement when I cycle key off/on?

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting to grab an IAC from pick n pull this weekend. Managed to get my quad lights installed and wired up, including the 4 hi mod

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My IAC has acted up in the dually a couple of times. A few key cycles seems to fix it, flashing it seems to piss it off, though not regularly.