My 1998 extra cab silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Steve

Reaction score
I picked this up about two years ago. Put only a couple thousand miles on it. I love it and want to slam it but ended up picking up an 06 gmc crew cab as this one was a bit of a pain to drop off the kids at school as well as starting to outgrow the extra cab. Personally, i prefer the looks of the gmt400 over the gmt800 but the crew cab is so much more practical. For daily use as well as camping. Now my wife is pushing me to sell this one. I want to keep the 98 and slam it and put in a system and just keep the crew cab for daily family use but shes putting her foot down. “Too many cars”. Never! Lol
Im even trying to convince her to keep it for our 11 year old son to drive when he turns 16 but she says thats too far off. The crew cab is white (yawn). I love love love Victory Red

Ive been a member here for a while but dont have enough posts to even list it lol. I dont even know what to ask for it, if i HAVE to sell it. Prices were sky high but everyone keeps saying theyre coming down.

Based on the options and condition, what to you guys think would be a good asking price for it. Pure CA car, no rust, no accidents.

182k miles but all original and runs great! Cold a/c, tow package, 3:73 gears, 5.7 motor.

Id say paint is 8/10 and interior is 9/10.
Truck was stored indoors until i got it from original owner 2.5 years ago approximately. Clear starting to have small issues here and there.

New tint, alarm, and exhaust. It came on 18s

My goal was to do 4/6 drop on some 20” intros. Line x and a pair of 12s under the seat if they fit. Eventually a cowl hood and repaint.

Wife is crushing those dreams now :(

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpeg
    IMG_1028.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1030.jpeg
    IMG_1030.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1034.jpeg
    IMG_1034.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, that's a really nice truck, you just know that you will regret selling it. If you have to list it for sale, then make sure it develops a misfire when someone comes to look at it and maybe hang a loose bracket on the exhaust so it rattles when test driving it. That way you keep your wife happy, but you get to keep your truck. :33:

Mr Steve

Reaction score
Lol. Thats a good idea. But then she’ll just insist i lower the price more. Paying insurance on another vehicle that just sits sucks. And its taking up driveway space which bugs her.
I already kick myself for selling my fathers red 94 to get this one.