Riggs - My 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 CCLB work truck and family play machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can I not post Amazon links here?

You can, but they get turned into affiliate links (and subsequently get blocked by most ad-blocker plugins) unless you delete the "https://" from the beginning of the URL. If you do that and start with the "www." then the link will show up normally. This is also the case for eBay and a few other sites.

If you're browsing a thread and it looks like there should be a link in a post but you don't see anything, try disabling any ad-blocker plugins you may have installed.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is nearly the same list I got from rock auto :lol:
Might want to ad an egr valve gasket if your planning on taking it off for paint

The heater hose fitting is just 1/2 npt to 3/4 hose. I got mine local when I got the hose. Speaking of which I like to never found the 3/4 hose, apparently it's on national backorder so do some checking so you don't get stuck. There was some on Amazon I was about to order but I finally found some local.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did some truck stuff today. Hauled a 10k skid steer. Definitely felt it! Truck ran fine and handled the load great - I pumped up the airbags first just because. I do think I want to get in to my rear brakes, it doesn't stop the greatest. But it was otherwise fine. I really want to get Tow/Haul set up now, the transmission shifts absolutely idiotic with a load that size on it. That will be a fairly high priority, luckily I have everything I need, including hopefully something cool that works out with it I can share with the community...

You must be registered for see images attach

It's been raining non-stop here, it's way muddy. Had to be careful, the road in here was pure mud. Almost got stuck parking the trailer!

Planning on milling a good pile of lumber tomorrow, we'll see how far we get! We got the skid steer because a number of these logs are just too big for us to move with our little John Deere.

In all its glory... hot rod stance with the air bags all jacked! I want to paint it....

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh do tell!
Soon :cool:

Ordered a bunch of parts to do the injector job, yay. Also ordered the cheapest bi-directional scan tool I could find that says it is compatible with my ABS, we'll see. I need to bleed the ABS in this truck in the worst way. Little discussion about that hereAlso going to inspect the rear brakes just so I know, luckily I found I have the slide on rear drums so it shouldn't be too huge of an ordeal. Basically if all looks good in there I'll just give a clean up of the drum hardware and some greasing and throw it back together. OR I'll need to replace a bunch of parts. Guess I'll find out. Drum brake inspection will be next on the to-do for next week. Injector job and if I need to get deep into the rear brakes will be in May. Which is coming up fast.

Man, summer is almost here, the to-do list keeps growing...... I've got a pile of parts for the '07 burb that is going to take a long weekend as well.......

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They have begun to arrive.

Pile for some quick work in the next week, trans, rear end, and simple (hopefully) brake flush:

Bigger project I’ll probably tackle in May

I found alot of guys running a bosch 62354 injector from a 95 5.0 mustang on a 7.4l FB group. They are $22 each on rock auto. They are very similar in specs to the bosch upgrade set that 5 0 motorsports sells. I've got about 100 miles on them so far an they are working great. My ltft are pretty steady at -8 to -10 so they aren't a ton bigger than stock. I'm happy with them for the $180 instead of 450+
Great looking set of injectors for the money, thanks for the tip. Sealed genuine Bosch made in Argentina.

Decided I’ll hold off on much more tuning work until I get the new injectors in, since they are a slightly different flow rate. Just makes sense to me so I’m not doubling the work. Probably will do a little shift point timing work, there are some behaviors I’d like to change.

Took the truck on a 300 mile trip this weekend to do some Turkey hunting with my boys… just an excuse to get away for a few days. Did some mild off roading even, obviously pretty mild since I don’t have the tires for it. Front suspension creaks like an old saddle haha, but other than really hating to start especially when warm, and some shifting quirks in a few spots, it’s running pretty good.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are working great for me so far man. Starts easy all the time an seems to be running real good but I'm still only getting about 10.5 mpgs in town :doh2:

Be interesting to see how your tuning goes. I still get a P0175 occasionally an from watching the sensors I think the one on bank 2 is giving some flaky readings. My LTFT are around -6 to -12 usually but when the CEL comes on bank 2 will be pegged at -22 or so.

It came an went alot below 1/4 tank of fuel. I filled up yesterday evening, light went out this morning an hasn't returned, which also so seems weird....

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are working great for me so far man. Starts easy all the time an seems to be running real good but I'm still only getting about 10.5 mpgs in town :doh2:

Be interesting to see how your tuning goes. I still get a P0175 occasionally an from watching the sensors I think the one on bank 2 is giving some flaky readings. My LTFT are around -6 to -12 usually but when the CEL comes on bank 2 will be pegged at -22 or so.

It came an went alot below 1/4 tank of fuel. I filled up yesterday evening, light went out this morning an hasn't returned, which also so seems weird....
I'll keep you posted for sure. Probably make some updates in the main 454 thread when I get my tune somewhere I feel like it's kind of dialed in.

I'm sure the injectors will be an improvement. I'm still chasing a random misfire, especially on #4, which I'm not even going to try and diagnose until the new injectors are in. I'm hoping it's the injector anyways..... But it also just ran great for 320 mile round trip with no hiccups.

Anyhoos..

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You doing your intake gaskets soon? You may kick up a bunch of crud when you drain/refill the cooling system if you're still on dexcool. I put a strainer on-line with my heater core to keep it from clogging afterwards (because it did and I back flushed it).

A tip when putting the lower intake on, make sure you look at the cam while you have the intake off as lifter rollers/lobes have been known to go out in these engines. And when installing the intake consider the oil pressure sending unit to be made of glass. I bumped mine and oil spewed everywhere on startup. The intake bolts, some of them go into the water jacket. Some good silicone on the threads is a good idea in those spots (you'll see).

Mine are leaking again on both sides. I'm not looking forward to doing the job, but it'd be an excuse for me to do some upgrades while I'm in there.