Riggs - My 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 CCLB work truck and family play machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, mine started crying a couple weeks ago too.

:Sigh: , I guess it's nearly time to pull the intake off and look at the camshaft and see if it gets a refresh.
More evidence I need to prioritize that injector job. Guess the lower intake will be coming off then as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what cam are you running?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More evidence I need to prioritize that injector job. Guess the lower intake will be coming off then as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what cam are you running?
Stock.

It'd make an excuse to pull the motor and build it, as well as the trans and etc. Plus getting a machine shop to help me figure out a way to keep the stupid intake from leaking like that so easily.

But that costs money, and this guy already bought himself fancy countertops.

So, not any time soon will I be changing that cam.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock.

It'd make an excuse to pull the motor and build it, as well as the trans and etc. Plus getting a machine shop to help me figure out a way to keep the stupid intake from leaking like that so easily.

But that costs money, and this guy already bought himself fancy countertops.

So, not any time soon will I be changing that cam.
Use the fancy countertops to work on the engine?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use the fancy countertops to work on the engine?
You joke but my mother loves to tell me about how my father rebuilt his 440 in the living room of their trailer after they'd gotten newly married.

So, not sure how far the apple fell from the tree but I'd rather live long enough to enjoy said countertops.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You joke but my mother loves to tell me about how my father rebuilt his 440 in the living room of their trailer after they'd gotten newly married.

So, not sure how far the apple fell from the tree but I'd rather live long enough to enjoy said countertops.
Fair enough, I promised my wife we'd get some home renovations done after I sell the camper, I figure that'll lessen the impact I'd be facing once I find a toy hauler to replace our current camper.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a little work on Sunday, had to grab a trailer to haul a log from my brother in law's house.

Tune is still kinda fussy, although some of it I'm sure is related to the injectors. Hard hot start is real and it needs a good rev to clear the pipes, or it won't idle right away. So something in the idle area needs attention. Or again its injector issues. My dad moved the trailer while we were moving this log out of my brother in law's back yard and he was telling me how fussy my truck was. I go yeah, I know, I didn't expect anyone else to be driving it, haha.

Also found my mirrors didn't want to adjust left and up. At first I thought it was one of the mirrors failed already, but they both did the same thing, so I'm thinking its the mirror adjust switch... ordered a new one for $11 on amazon, I'll toss that in tomorrow and see if that solves it. I need to get the tune in better shape this week, I've got to pick up a skid steer on Friday.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
haven't replaced any of it yet. planning to do the injectors, and FPR at the same time. So I don't want to chase anything too hard until I get that done. But the dang injectors aren't cheap..

They are at the pull and pay. You have tuning software, you have options. I want to say the Ford yellows like they put in the 4.6 are a drop in?