Riggs - My 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 CCLB work truck and family play machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are at the pull and pay. You have tuning software, you have options. I want to say the Ford yellows like they put in the 4.6 are a drop in?
I thought about going junk yard injectors, they are $16/ea at my local yard… by the time I send them off for cleaning and testing it was going to be over $300… most of the way to a good 5-0 set.

Unless something goes sideways I should be ready to get my hands on injectors by June, in time for summer trailer hauling season. The thing is, worst case scenario I’ve got the 2500 burb as well, so this truck really is kind of a bonus rig until I get it dialed. That said, I’ve got a gathering parts pile for that thing as well, for some repairs and maintenance I need to do. Good news there is the parts are in the garage gathering dust waiting for me to get a weekend to tear into it.

Hoping tonight between getting home from work and sitting down to dinner, get a bit of time to start dialing in the MAF. Seems like a less intensive process than VE tuning, just a flat table.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely do it by hand, and it'll never be "perfect" if you're also going to need to adjust for when in PE mode.

Personally my MAF is done so PE is correct, I'll let the o2 sensors figure out the small stuff when on 14.7 driving around.

Ve took a while for me, but I was also playing with spark a little too chasing KR and "transition" knock retard (KR induced by moving the throttle).

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the new mirror controller and voila, it fixed the mirrors not moving in half the directions. Also explains earlier why my new mirrors moved slow in half the directions, it was the switch all along. Everything working good on that front.

old switch was pretty crusty.... window switches wouldn't be bad to replace but they all work so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You must be registered for see images attach

Made a little progress yesterday on the MAF work but ran out of time. Still not there yet but was making headway. Went to do a little today and the battery was dead... guess what, I left my wideband plugged in. Should have seen that coming. Threw together a relay setup stealing power from the airbag fuse to trigger it, and with a little cobble job now I won't forget to leave it plugged in again. Again my thought here is that this will act as a swappable unit to move to other rigs... my '07 is in need of cleaning up the tune I did forever ago, once this rig is dialed I'm going to go back at that. Even bought a bung to weld in. That rig is going to get some work done here probably in May.

let's add a relay to this mess!

"cleaned" up.... works though so..!

In some great news, was going through some mail... Key bank sent me an offer that if I open an account and make a direct deposit, they would give me a $400 bonus.
Guess what... injector fund!! It's close enough to get me there- probably just going to pull the trigger on injectors now.

Are these 5-0 units still the best option? https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/bosch-454-350-v8-j-code-trucks-corvette-zr1/

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found alot of guys running a bosch 62354 injector from a 95 5.0 mustang on a 7.4l FB group. They are $22 each on rock auto. They are very similar in specs to the bosch upgrade set that 5 0 motorsports sells. I've got about 100 miles on them so far an they are working great. My ltft are pretty steady at -8 to -10 so they aren't a ton bigger than stock. I'm happy with them for the $180 instead of 450+

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found alot of guys running a bosch 62354 injector from a 95 5.0 mustang on a 7.4l FB group. They are $22 each on rock auto. They are very similar in specs to the bosch upgrade set that 5 0 motorsports sells. I've got about 100 miles on them so far an they are working great. My ltft are pretty steady at -8 to -10 so they aren't a ton bigger than stock. I'm happy with them for the $180 instead of 450+
wow those look good… half the price, and genuine Bosch? A little bigger is a good thing, in case I need more fuel down the road. Someone will have to talk me out of going that route…

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a place that would "rebuild" the ones I had for 25/each not including shipping. I figured those were worth a try. Some of the guys on that FB day they've had them over a year an no issues.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh an I spent about 3 days looking for somewhere to buy the exact 5 0 bosch injector besides from them. Apparently the injector they use is for a 2.0l land rover engine not sold in the states an it apparently wasn't used in anything else I could find. I found one reseller on Amazon out of Lativa I think an they were 32/each. The rest were sketchy copies that might if been fakes. Then I saw about the actual mustang injectors so I went to Bosch an found the specs on the on 5 0 sells an compared to the 62354. It was close enough I figured it was gonna be ok. IIRC the stockers are like 19 lb/hr, the 5 0 is 19.3 lb/hr an the 62354 is 19.7 lb/hr.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Putting together a shopping list, it's looking something like this.

Figure I might as well do valve cover gaskets, they aren't leaking per-se but I want to splash some paint on the top of this motor "while I'm here" so figured it was the right time for such activity.

And since I replaced every d@mn other thing in the cooling system at this point I might as well do the heater hoses while the top of the coolant system is drained for the umpteenth time. I think I want to get rid of that stupid special fitting on the front heater outlet, from what I can tell I replace it with this but I'm not 100% sure, if anyone has any input on that front:

EDIT: Can I not post Amazon links here? Anyways its ACDelco part 15-5372

Other than some 5/8" and 3/4" heater hose which I'll grab local, anything else you all see I should be considering?

In other news MAF tuning is going well. I'm probably 90% of the way there, and everything in the lower 75% of the curve is PERFECT now. I threw in what I had to my base tune, it should be fine for today's activity of picking up a skid steer. I only have about 2 miles to go with it and no inclines, but it's about 10k so will be a test for sure to see how everything is, and especially hopefully to see if that random misfire issue I had way back is resolved. I am certain the root causes have been addressed at this point. And I have my wideband to keep an eye on so I'll stay out of trouble in case, since my tune isn't "done".