OBS Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put a catch can on my C8. One of the guys on the forum who tracks his very enthusiastically pulled his intake manifold and poured out half a quart of oil into a glass. After 7 sessions at COTA I got roughly 1 shot glass of oil (only oil) in mine.

It's direct injection so there's no fuel to keep the intake valves clean. I dunno, I'd rather dump it out than send it through the intake.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put a catch can on my C8. One of the guys on the forum who tracks his very enthusiastically pulled his intake manifold and poured out half a quart of oil into a glass. After 7 sessions at COTA I got roughly 1 shot glass of oil (only oil) in mine.

It's direct injection so there's no fuel to keep the intake valves clean. I dunno, I'd rather dump it out than send it through the intake.
You'd think long WOT pulls would pull the oil through.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Catch cans work great if you have large ring gaps for nitrous or boost.

My areospace vacuum pump had a catch can and I drained it pretty often.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if any one has an idea or knows how to make this system work the right way with out dumping it in to the intake please tell me
You must be registered for see images attach
There is no issue as long as you run the engine long enough to evaporate all the condensation. I've seen bike engines ruined by bar hoppers that repeatedly fire up their engine,run it for just a few minutes and shut it off.
I've always recommended to run an engine for no less than 20 minutes after it comes up to operating temp before shutting it back down.