New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I went to my daughter's place to pick up my new Otter Box case for my new i-Phone, she works a Target and got me a good discount on both. The only problem is she lives near the local HF so, I couldn't resist stopping there too. Since my floor jack quit and I don't have any metric impact sockets - oh well! But I did have a discount coupon on the jack for $35 off, LOL. Just dropped ~$200.
You must be registered for see images attach

Out with the old...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I went to my daughter's place to pick up my new Otter Box case for my new i-Phone, she works a Target and got me a good discount on both. The only problem is she lives near the local HF so, I couldn't resist stopping there too. Since my floor jack quit and I don't have any metric impact sockets - oh well! But I did have a discount coupon on the jack for $35 off, LOL. Just dropped ~$200.

Out with the old...

Let us know how you like that 4 ton jack after you use it a little. I've been looking around at a few.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know how you like that 4 ton jack after you use it a little. I've been looking around at a few.
I don't have any other floor jacks than my Michelin one so, I compared the 2. They both go up about the same height.

The cylinder on the old one is bigger so probably has more capacity.

The new one goes lower than my old one so, I'll have more range.

It took 20 pumps, after contact with the frame, to get the side of my truck this high (both wheels off the ground). Pretty easy to pump up. To lower the truck it came down pretty fast but, with a little practice, I should be able to control it better.

One issue though, most floor jacks have a standardized 1-3/16" mounting hole so you can use other adapters like my trans jack. The Daytona does not have this. I may have to see about fixing my Michelin some day. HTH

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I don't think I've posted on this. I love tools!! My old craftsman box was a complete disaster with mismatched n missing tools so when I was workin I went n picked up a new 44" box from harbor freight n began fillin it up. Got on tekton.com n since I'm an apprentice n the pipe trades I got the student discount (15% I believe). I spent waaaay too much so far but I really like these tekton tools. A lot are USA made and if a tool breaks I call the warranty dept and its IN AMERICA!!! Broke a socket n my phone camera was crap. I called in, talked to dude, explained what happened. He looked up the part number n I had it in 3 days. I wasn't in a super hurry for it but no hoops to jump thru and no paperwork. The online warranty is great too. Send in a pic of a broken tool and they ship u a new one. Plus all the 10% cash back rewards I got a bunch of free tools too!

Also got the harbor freight 3 ton low profile long reach jack to replace my tire old short craftsman. Love it.

Gotten to where I'm gonna need to get the harbor freight add on boxes cuz I've started buying more tools. These will all be my stay at home, never leave the property tools.

Went thru my old craftsman stuff n made a junkyard box to carry. It's the old "mechanics set" black plastic blow molded box I've had for years. Filled it back up with my old stuff n if I need it, it's in the toolbox of my 98 k1500.

Oh plus I went to tractor supply aroun father's day. Got my old man a brand new set of gear wrench wrenches metric and standard. Think was like $50 total and got him some new "craftsman" ratchets n other stuff to replace his wore out taiwanese tools he's had since I was a kid.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snap-on test light with a built-in voltmeter. The only thing that I don't like is that it lights up red when you are chasing down power with the clip connected to ground. Then it is green when hooked up the opposite way. I would have done green hooked up traditionally looking for power.

Treble

Reaction score
If I would have thought it through, Those crowfoot from post #524 would have done the job. Hoping to have a new faucet install by the end of the weekend.

:Tekton 10 to 17 inch Telescoping Basin Wrench (3/8- 1-3/8) WRN92002

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of Speedway Motors, I bought one of these LS engine storage stands from them on Amazon a while back before I went and picked up my LQ4. Bolted right on and provided an extremely stable platform for transporting the engine. Plus it's tall enough that the truck oil pan clears the ground. Just barely, but it clears. I thought it was $60 well spent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7W87BH