New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A while back I had a very nice Knight multi-meter, but when my hot water tank ruptured it flooded my electrical troubleshooting table, ruining my meter and two audio amps. A new Knight multimeter is still $150 for the exact same meter I bought twenty-five years ago.

Instead I bought Harbor Freight's $40 multimeter, and it's pretty decent...
https://www.harborfreight.com/elect...s/dm600-compact-digital-multimeter-64014.html
...except that it can't read DC over about 14 volts. Usually not a problem, except that I'm building a 48v 1000w electric scooter. The charger is supposed to put out 54v, and I'm trying to troubleshoot why the battery pack isn't building over 68%.

Then I was watching one of Adam Savage's One Day Builds, and the next video queued up was "Adam Savage's Favorite Tools: Best Budget Multimeter!"
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's a $44 Fluke 101. I checked his link and found Fluke selling it for both $44 and $43, directly from Fluke, on Amazon. TAKE MY MONEY! PLEASE!
https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-101-Mu...XYBNATJFAPH&psc=1&refRID=7CTD67J15XYBNATJFAPH

Greasemagnet

Reaction score
I had to return all my new jackstands to HF, no replacements in stock. Northern Tool - jackstand shelf was empty, so I’m guessing they used the same harbor. Any suggestions of where to find jackstands? I had the 3-ton but they were borderline too short to hold up my Tahoe.
Home depot, I bought the 6 ton, they have a lock pin and were cheaper than harbor freight.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A while back I had a very nice Knight multi-meter, but when my hot water tank ruptured it flooded my electrical troubleshooting table, ruining my meter and two audio amps. A new Knight multimeter is still $150 for the exact same meter I bought twenty-five years ago.

Instead I bought Harbor Freight's $40 multimeter, and it's pretty decent...
https://www.harborfreight.com/elect...s/dm600-compact-digital-multimeter-64014.html
...except that it can't read DC over about 14 volts. Usually not a problem, except that I'm building a 48v 1000w electric scooter. The charger is supposed to put out 54v, and I'm trying to troubleshoot why the battery pack isn't building over 68%.

Then I was watching one of Adam Savage's One Day Builds, and the next video queued up was "Adam Savage's Favorite Tools: Best Budget Multimeter!"
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's a $44 Fluke 101. I checked his link and found Fluke selling it for both $44 and $43, directly from Fluke, on Amazon. TAKE MY MONEY! PLEASE!
https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-101-Mu...XYBNATJFAPH&psc=1&refRID=7CTD67J15XYBNATJFAPH
I bought that meter about a month ago. It is definitely a solid unit.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
added this to the Milwaukee collection. this this is only 2.25 deep. (Got me beat) but it has some serious power. rated at 220ft/lbs it fits in the frame rails to remove motor mounts, torque converter bolts, takes lug nuts off my 3/4 ton with only a rattle or 2. If you dont have one, get one!

Mine arrived today. Awesome little impact!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I like the looks of this multi meter. Are these available in stores too or just online? I like to look at new tool acquisitions before purchasing them. I need a meter and would like something I can count on, or I'd just get another cheapie one.....

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the looks of this multi meter. Are these available in stores too or just online? I like to look at new tool acquisitions before purchasing them. I need a meter and would like something I can count on, or I'd just get another cheapie one.....
I've had several Fluke meters before and they pretty much set the standard for quality. This is an entry level Fluke at a price that can't be beat. One thing that I hate is a meter that is slow to or doesn't zero out when checking ohms. This one doesn't disappoint. I'll never buy another "cheap" meter when I can get this one.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't remember ever seeing a Fluke for less than $100. Hell, my amp clamp was ~$110, 25 years ago, LOL. And my 23III is NLA too. I have a CEI which I used mainly for testing capacitors that was $105 in 1996.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Picked up some more rebranded wilde prybars.
So after i got anything situated at the new shop i found out i didnt need my remline box there. Im working on setting it up for my on the go box and itll live in the bed of my truck. Ill be updating this as i pick stuff up for it but ive loaded it up with some duplicates, my spare screwdriver set, and whatnot. Still need a socket set and ratchets and some other odds and ends before its ready.