Need assistance!! Please, any input is welcome...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
If this is the one you got:
MAS Distributor With Black Cap Replacement For Chevy GMC Cadillac Vortec V8 5.7L 5.0L 1996-2002 Direct Fit Aluminum Body 1104051 1104058 1104079 12570425 93441558 GM01 841829 301829
https://a.co/d/00T9UxM
Return it and get this:

UNITED MOTOR PRODUCTS 9362
Fits perfect with my hold down just need to time it and should be good!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amen.

Unlike distributor rings 'n' pinions, the distributor gear and the gear at the back of the cam are not tapered. The gasket/friction washer does affect the depth of the distributor, but not the lash between the two gears.

ALSO Amen.

Well said.

I sometimes forget this. Thanks for the reminder.
Us car guys really tend to exclude people.
That is why they say that classic cars are just barbie dolls for old men.
And that is, in a way very much the truth.
I am an antique and art dealor.
I once went to a friggen doll and barbie auction.
And those nutty women were all about that 1968 barbie didnt come with that arm and surfer Ken didnt have that hair untill 1972 and that makes him a Francken- Ken put toghether from spare parts.
These old whack jobs talk **** over barbie dolls and they are nasty as hell
The antique and high level art work trade is more corrupt and vile than I ever imagined.
It is ******* unregulated and cut-throat
And the old ***** do not want you to get involved with whatever fuckery they have established.
The only thing that is worse is old guys with restored cars who make their wives pack up sandwiches and force them to sit by the car next to the sandwhich board that shows the progression of the restoration of the car while he goes and butt sniffs the other ********* posers
And they lurk. They hover like buzzards in the hope that someday they will catch you out and swoop on in and slam you right the **** flat because that carpet was not available in 1968 it wasnt introduced untill 1969 therefore everything you say is wrong.
Barbies for men.
The only ******* thing. The only benifit and the only really good part of getting old is to have people in your life that you can hopefully pass that knowledge onto and give them a little bit of advance warning about what is going to happen to them.
******* time waits for no man.
Always keep in your mind that someone has come here looking for advice.
And, at that moment we have a choice.
Help them or clown them.
I sometimes wonder if you have all fotgotten about owning your first car?
The ******* freedom.
Hours and hours washing and waxing that 200 hundred dollar **** wagon because you had a date with a girl.
And the only reason you had a date with that girl is because you had a car.
I know that I have told the "Birth Control" car story here before but I think it is worth repeating
When my father blew out and left he gave me my first car.
A 1973 Ford Pinto wagon.
Orange with wood paneling and a chrome luggage rack.
Orange shag carpet.
I put this thing back on the road and drove it up to my friends house.
His parents and people with friggen bus passes declared this thing the "birth control car"
When you are young the random crazy **** you do doesnt seem to matter at all
When you get old that random crazy **** may be a ******* gem.
I know this is a truck forum. But I have been allowed some space and I try to not overstep.
I am as guilty as anyone.
Turns out that "including people" doesnt mean they have to kiss your ass.
And that makes poeple angry because they spent all of that time building a car and **** paying their employees and beating their kids and treating their wife like **** and them little boys dont get the cheap plastic trophy.
Heres the deal fuckos
You do not get to claim that drag racing ended when you started loosing.
If you dont have a car on the track or a boat on the lake.
If you havent spent every dime you ever had and gotten divorced and mind ****** your kids and been bankrupt a couple of times and been neck deep in debt to some skechty people just so you could run a hydroplane while your kids ate ******* beans with vinegar for 3 fuckinging months in the dead of winter?
Turns out that can be a drug addict from your own mind.
You can be an addreinal junkie.
And once youve pushed yourself to whatever you though was your limit and then pushed through that then you kind of end up living in unknown areas.
I am a 6'4" 260 pound tough bar figher union iron worker.
I used to be.
That used to be my life and how I indetified myself.
Now, I am an antiques dealer and I specialize in asian art and I am the caretaker for my 80 year old mom and my wife will be 50 next month and I am 58.
It is all so odd and unreal.

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us car guys really tend to exclude people.
That is why they say that classic cars are just barbie dolls for old men.
And that is, in a way very much the truth.
I am an antique and art dealor.
I once went to a friggen doll and barbie auction.
And those nutty women were all about that 1968 barbie didnt come with that arm and surfer Ken didnt have that hair untill 1972 and that makes him a Francken- Ken put toghether from spare parts.
These old whack jobs talk **** over barbie dolls and they are nasty as hell
The antique and high level art work trade is more corrupt and vile than I ever imagined.
It is ******* unregulated and cut-throat
And the old ***** do not want you to get involved with whatever fuckery they have established.
The only thing that is worse is old guys with restored cars who make their wives pack up sandwiches and force them to sit by the car next to the sandwhich board that shows the progression of the restoration of the car while he goes and butt sniffs the other ********* posers
And they lurk. They hover like buzzards in the hope that someday they will catch you out and swoop on in and slam you right the **** flat because that carpet was not available in 1968 it wasnt introduced untill 1969 therefore everything you say is wrong.
Barbies for men.
The only ******* thing. The only benifit and the only really good part of getting old is to have people in your life that you can hopefully pass that knowledge onto and give them a little bit of advance warning about what is going to happen to them.
******* time waits for no man.
Always keep in your mind that someone has come here looking for advice.
Help them or clown them.
I sometimes wonder if you have all fotgotten about owning your first car?
The ******* freedom.
Hours and hours washing and waxing that 200 hundred dollar **** wagon because you had a date with a girl.
And the only reason you had a date with that girl is because you had a car.
I know that I have told the "Birth Control" car story here before but I think it is worth repeating
When my father blew out and left he gave me my first car.
A 1973 Ford Pinto wagon.
Orange with wood paneling and a chrome luggage rack.
Orange shag carpet.
I put this thing back on the road and drove it up to my friends house.
His parents and people with friggen bus passes declared this thing the "birth control car"
When you are young the random crazy **** you do doesnt seem to matter at all
When you get old that random crazy **** may be a ******* gem.
I know this is a truck forum. But I have been allowed some space and I try to not overstep.
Turns out that "including people" doesnt mean they have to kiss your ass.
And that makes poeple angry because they spent all of that time building a car and **** paying their employees and beating their kids and treating their wife like **** and them little boys dont get the cheap plastic trophy.
Heres the deal fuckos
You do not get to claim that drag racing ended when you started loosing.
If you dont have a car on the track or a boat on the lake.
If you havent spent every dime you ever had and gotten divorced and mind ****** your kids and been bankrupt a couple of times and been neck deep in debt to some skechty people just so you could run a hydroplane while your kids ate ******* beans with vinegar for 3 fuckinging months in the dead of winter?
Turns out that can be a drug addict from your own mind.
You can be an addreinal junkie.
And once youve pushed yourself to whatever you though was your limit and then pushed through that then you kind of end up living in unknown areas.
I am a 6'4" 260 pound tough bar figher union iron worker.
I used to be.
That used to be my life and how I indetified myself.
Now, I am an antiques dealer and I specialize in asian art and I am the caretaker for my 80 year old mom and my wife will be 50 next month and I am 58.
I gotta like this just for you putting it out there bro

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...I once went to a friggen doll and barbie auction.

...And they lurk. They hover like buzzards in the hope that someday they will catch you out and swoop on in and slam you right the **** flat because that carpet was not available in 1968 it wasnt introduced untill 1969 therefore everything you say is wrong.

...and the only really good part of getting old is to have people in your life that you can hopefully pass that knowledge onto and give them a little bit of advance warning about what is going to happen to them.

...Always keep in your mind that someone has come here looking for advice.
Help them or clown them.

...I know this is a truck forum. But I have been allowed some space and I try to not overstep.

Sir,

Searching the internet for broke/fix info on a old chore truck that followed me home is how I found this forum.
But now there are several different reasons why I decided to stay & join instead of just doing the lurker tumbleweed thing to the next forum for the problem du jour.
One of which are your postings, like little gems, glinting from all the individual philosophical facets, each cut/polished at slightly different angles so that it sparkles in the truth.
If you were to write a book, may I suggest that you title it "Zen and the Art of thinger2 Philosophy". I will buy several copies, one for me and the rest for my friends.
I seriously enjoy your contributions. Barbie doll auctions, the carpet buzzards, passing on our knowledge, the orange Pinto wagon, helping vs clowning...it's all there.
And you simply can't make that stuff up. It can only come from first-person, full contact life experience.
And I've discovered that when one of your replies shows up, if I first cue up a favorite Pink Floyd song (Welcome to the Machine) ...it's just that much better.
Don't stop...my mind goes into overdrive reading your posts, kinda like an Italian tuneup for the cranium. Good stuff.

:waytogo:

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sir,

Searching the internet for broke/fix info on a old chore truck that followed me home is how I found this forum.
But now there are several different reasons why I decided to stay & join instead of just doing the lurker tumbleweed thing to the next forum for the problem du jour.
One of which are your postings, like little gems, glinting from all the individual philosophical facets, each cut/polished at slightly different angles so that it sparkles in the truth.
If you were to write a book, may I suggest that you title it "Zen and the Art of thinger2 Philosophy". I will buy several copies, one for me and the rest for my friends.
I seriously enjoy your contributions. Barbie doll auctions, the carpet buzzards, passing on our knowledge, the orange Pinto wagon, helping vs clowning...it's all there.
And you simply can't make that stuff up. It can only come from first-person, full contact life experience.
And I've discovered that when one of your replies shows up, if I first cue up a favorite Pink Floyd song (Welcome to the Machine) ...it's just that much better.
Don't stop...my mind goes into overdrive reading your posts, kinda like an Italian tuneup for the cranium. Good stuff.

:waytogo:
It is all so absurd that sometimes I feel the need to poke at the world a little bit.
I am not unique and my life is no different than anyone elses life.
The really appaling part is that younger people dont think they have a path to live the life that I have lived.
"Welcome to the Machine" is very much the sountrack for the world you guys live in.
The internet and social media and non stop news are a mental burden that we never had to deal with.
Our psychologol wars were fought in person through body language and intimidation and fights.
Your psych wars are you againsnt the goverment and the non stop news media.
And the social media posers.
You have become part of the machine and you have to cut that fear right the **** off.
Do not live your life by the governments instructions on the box.
You aint macaroni and cheese
My life is nothing that millions of other people have lived.
Go out and do whatever you want to do and dont give a **** about who approves of it.
Tell them to mind their own damn business.
They can cut that stiff middle finger off of your cold dead hand.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is all so absurd that sometimes I feel the need to poke at the world a little bit...

...Do not live your life by the governments instructions on the box...

...Go out and do whatever you want to do and dont give a **** about who approves of it.
Tell them to mind their own damn business.
They can cut that stiff middle finger off of your cold dead hand.
That's great in the abstract.

Problem is, you end up fighting every arm and every department of every form of Government--Federal, State, Local. You lose friends because you're a "radical". Your job evaporates because you've got a "bad attitude" and you're not a "team player".

Next thing you know, you're living in a shack, off the grid, and you're mailing bombs to the people and agencies that have tried to take undue and unconstitutional control of your life.

You've become Ted Kaczynski.

Pick your battles. The world is too big to fight all of them.