Need help… what is this dang thing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grandpa_truck

Reaction score
Help needed! I’m at a loss, I can’t figure out what this thing is, pretty sure it’s not an EGR or PCV (I know where those are and that’s not it… or is it), maybe some kind of purge valve? Cant find it on parts list anywhere. Anyone?
The hard plastic hose with arrow on the right must have been brittle and broke, I need the hose but again…No idea what that valve thing is to look it up! The other side of that hose goes to the throttle body next to PCV hose. Anyone know what that valve/solenoid/pump thing is and/or where I can find a replacement hose. I’m assuming anything that small doesn’t move or pull a whole lot of volume so I can probably just use some hose but I dont prefer hodgepodge work.
The 2 other hoses that come off it are 1 full rubber going to air cleaner housing, the 2nd metal/rubber hose running down to an open 90 degree that is open and goes nowhere. Any help appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpeg
    IMG_3863.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 62

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno what it's called but its for the heater flow. It's vacuum operated, and it opens or closes a valve depending what the temp is at.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Post the part number off of it.

I am thinking, to do with emissions but am unsure.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one on the 99 tahoe, but not on the 97 truck. The Tahoe has rear heat and ac. The other end definitely ties to vacuum so I'm thinking it helps control the rear set. What vehicle do you have?

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Electric Air Control valve (EAC). Part of the Air Injection Reaction (AIR) system, adds air to the exhaust manifold after the exhaust gases leave the combustion chamber. Heats the catalytic converter quicker when the engine is cold. The system is comprised of an air pump, an electric air control valve with a solenoid, check valve(s), and tubing/pipe.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Electric Air Control valve (EAC). Part of the Air Injection Reaction (AIR) system, adds air to the exhaust manifold after the exhaust gases leave the combustion chamber. Heats the catalytic converter quicker when the engine is cold. The system is comprised of an air pump, an electric air control valve with a solenoid, check valve(s), and tubing/pipe.
That's what it is.

Grandpa_truck

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking but can’t find it on any parts diagram or even pictures on Google look nothing like it. It’s got me stumped