Need help… what is this dang thing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grandpa_truck

Reaction score
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much. I’m not much of a 4 wheel mechanic but worked at a motorcycle shop since I was 15 and owned my own from 2003 till 2014. We specialized in top fuel and nitro bikes so I’m hoping some of my mechanical skill with transfer over to figuring out these motors as well. I bought this truck because it was the same one I had in high school and couldnt pass it up when I saw it for sale. Thanks for the help l!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I wasn’t being serious. But, seriously, I agree with having correct information. I will say that at times, even giving the pertinent information to a garage or parts store, it can be equally frustrating when they read that information incorrectly.
I knew you were joking but it was the perfect time for me to sound off about the PITA problem. Sometimes I see 2-3 extra responses in a thread just because of that problem. @Schurkey had a good thought. If a member posts the info in their signature but the member is posting about a different vehicle, then it is confusing. In that case(s), it just seems best to either post all vehicles in the signature or post that particular vehicle info in the thread.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew you were joking but it was the perfect time for me to sound off about the PITA problem. Sometimes I see 2-3 extra responses in a thread just because of that problem. @Schurkey had a good thought. If a member posts the info in their signature but the member is posting about a different vehicle, then it is confusing. In that case(s), it just seems best to either post all vehicles in the signature or post that particular vehicle info in the thread.
Help me…help you. :33:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Help me…help you. :33:
Well over 30 years ago, I was still in KC, Mo. and thought I would try selling parts instead of being in the shop. I did the mechanical on the side at home. Anyway, I took a call from a commercial account for front pads and hardware for a Chevy Vega. I asked for the year and he said, "makes no difference, they are all the same". I knew better but just did not give a s*h*i*t for the guy. I picked a set and sent them. They came back and he called and said, "You sent the wrong pads and hardware". I said, "Nope couldn't have, they are all the same", and hung up. Got fired that afternoon. I told the parts store manager what took place and he laughed too but said he had to fire me. I told him no problem.

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 87-93 wiring diagrams are 11x17 pages.
They scale fairly well to Arch-B 12x18 if you have access to a printer that will handle pages that big.

I use the PDF search function on the scanned copies then stick Post-it notes in the paper manuals.

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well over 30 years ago, I was still in KC, Mo. and thought I would try selling parts instead of being in the shop. I did the mechanical on the side at home. Anyway, I took a call from a commercial account for front pads and hardware for a Chevy Vega. I asked for the year and he said, "makes no difference, they are all the same". I knew better but just did not give a s*h*i*t for the guy. I picked a set and sent them. They came back and he called and said, "You sent the wrong pads and hardware". I said, "Nope couldn't have, they are all the same", and hung up. Got fired that afternoon. I told the parts store manager what took place and he laughed too but said he had to fire me. I told him no problem.
Some jobs just aren't worth the **** that comes with them, best to find another that suits you better.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
I had an '88 C2500 , and had the same tube, as shown in your photo.