NBS rear disc brakes on OBS 10 bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think a lot of the 5 lug conversion depends on wheel size. Getting everything under a 15” wheel might be a problem. If your wheels are bigger then that part is solved.

Eric Davis

Reaction score
Spacer and bolts, you have to drill out the existing holes in the axle flange to accept the spacer. I found a better pic of the template, but nothing on thickness yet. I do know I wish I had made it a little thicker for greater clearance between the rotor and backing plate. I'll check on my work computer, I think I saved everything there.
I'll post pics of all the box's with part numbers too.
You will have to adapt to or make your own hard brake line that will run along the rear diff. I had to use a Trailblazer parking brake cable and adapt it to my parking brake with a short section of metric all thread, i have pics of that too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Can you supply the part numbers for the trailblazer brake cables

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you supply the part numbers for the trailblazer brake cables

Can you go back and look at post #4? They're there.
Oh, and it's a year-old thread from a user who hasn't posted for 5 months...

And while I'm on it, where have you been for the last 3 years? No insult intended, just curious that you've been a member since 2018, but only 3 posts.

Even more curious: you seemed to know a lot more about the Trailblazer brake swap back then too, according to your posts. Comments?

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given the complexity of the swap, and the fact that a Trailblazer is a mid-size SUV; why would someone think Trailblazer brakes on the back end of a full-size pickup/SUV are an upgrade?

I'll take the 11.x Duo-Servo drums in proper working condition, thanks very much.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe it was the Trailblazer SS? I think that package was a lot more geared towards performance. A guy a the office had one briefly and raved on how peppy it was.

I'd imagine it had better brakes than the plain Jane TB? I'm just guessing based on what I've seen GM do on the sportier vehicles...

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Compared my '03 six-popper Trailblazer to an 06 Trailblazer SS 6.0. They're showing the same rear rotor part numbers, for example AC-Delco 18A1207.
Well, that's news to me... Maybe only the front got befeed up on the SS? I think the TBSS had the 14 bolt 9.5" narrow rear axle? AXN, I think was the RPO code for it?

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone make adapters to put the NBS style calipers on the OBS 10 bolt 6 lug with the 10" drums? I've seen plenty of disc conversations but can't find much on the NBS brake swap. Is it easier to just swap a whole axle?

Does it have to be disc? I have an OBS 9.5 14bolt 6 lug with bigger drums (11"? Sorry can't remeber right now) and there was a very noticeable difference in stopping power right away. They almost felt too strong, until I put the 2500/3500 calipers in the front now it feels more balanced.

It's a direct swap, no weird or custom parts needed besides a conversion U joint. And you get a stronger axle out of it and the chance to choose a new gear ratio.