NBS rear disc brakes on OBS 10 bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does anyone make adapters to put the NBS style calipers on the OBS 10 bolt 6 lug with the 10" drums? I've seen plenty of disc conversations but can't find much on the NBS brake swap. Is it easier to just swap a whole axle?

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did it on my 99' 2 door Tahoe. Used mainly all 04' Tahoe and some Trailblazer parts for the parking brake cable. We made the spacers out of steel, in the last pic is the template we made out of sheet plastic. I have more pics and ones with all the box's with part numbers. To my knowledge there aren't any spacers made by any company.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did it on my 99' 2 door Tahoe. Used mainly all 04' Tahoe and some Trailblazer parts for the parking brake cable. We made the spacers out of steel, in the last pic is the template we made out of sheet plastic. I have more pics and ones with all the box's with part numbers. To my knowledge there aren't any spacers made by any company.

That looks really good! Great job!

So a spacer and bolts is mostly what you need to convert over? Can you please post more specifics like plate thickness, bolt spacing, etc.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spacer and bolts, you have to drill out the existing holes in the axle flange to accept the spacer. I found a better pic of the template, but nothing on thickness yet. I do know I wish I had made it a little thicker for greater clearance between the rotor and backing plate. I'll check on my work computer, I think I saved everything there.
I'll post pics of all the box's with part numbers too.
You will have to adapt to or make your own hard brake line that will run along the rear diff. I had to use a Trailblazer parking brake cable and adapt it to my parking brake with a short section of metric all thread, i have pics of that too.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pic of parking brake mod, Trailblazer cable " part number is on one of the GM parts boxs above" adapted to existing front cable using metric all thread and metric coupling.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This part gets a small modification, the 2nd pic shows a small "***" sticking up that has to be ground smooth. I did this at least 2 years ago so some of it is a little fuzzy. I did try to remember to take alot of pics at the time.

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed aluminum spacers on Ebay for the 14sf which should be the same bolt pattern, but different thickness (bolt pattern was the same on the donor and both 14sf I have). They listed a couple thicknesses so they may have what you need, I don’t remember what the 10 bolt requires thickness wise. I did the conversion on my 14sf by cutting the flanges loose from the axle tube and rewelding it where I wanted it. Allowed me to rotate the flange as well since the donor axle had the flanges rotated about 45 degrees from the 14sf.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
What would have to be done to put the nbs rear disc brakes on a 2wd 400 (5 lug)? It's my Burb so it has the 11 5/32" drums. They stop pretty well, but brakes can always be better. And I have the NBS parts so that's not a problem. I know the rear axle is probably wider, besides having the coil spring and control arm mounts. Thanks in advance!