Look how they massacred my boy...Now what to do about it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Say @xAFNYx , did you ever figure out your camber issue?
Wow. Your journey was intense.

I, myself, gave up lol. It's been at a shop that specializes in obs chevys since last Monday. Last Sunday I took apart the drivers side and noticed the knockouts were still there. Spent 2 hours with a hammer and a screwdriver and got the sides closest to the body mostly knocked out. Reassembled, and it was maybe 30% better. I'm still waiting to hear back from the shop. I'll definitely update once I hear back.

Attachments

• 4880E2FC-5CA2-4DB5-B7D0-0F729A4DAE99.jpeg
    4880E2FC-5CA2-4DB5-B7D0-0F729A4DAE99.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 29
  • D5A02158-CB53-41DC-A84F-3DB04B2E756B.jpeg
    D5A02158-CB53-41DC-A84F-3DB04B2E756B.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 29
  • E1BF5C9F-AC75-4E38-889D-57734087F94A.jpeg
    E1BF5C9F-AC75-4E38-889D-57734087F94A.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 29

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score

I, myself, gave up lol. It's been at a shop that specializes in obs chevys since last Monday. Last Sunday I took apart the drivers side and noticed the knockouts were still there. Spent 2 hours with a hammer and a screwdriver and got the sides closest to the body mostly knocked out. Reassembled, and it was maybe 30% better. I'm still waiting to hear back from the shop. I'll definitely update once I hear back.
That drivers side looks terrible! And look at those control arm angles!! Maybe time for a full lift kit?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

The driver's side is cranked noticeably higher than the passenger side. It's likely topped out with those TERRIBLE control arm angles. Lower the front and level it out left to right.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That drivers side looks terrible! And look at those control arm angles!! Maybe time for a full lift kit?
I thought about doing the 4" but I LITERALLY just bought the new uca and new shocks all around.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The driver's side is cranked noticeably higher than the passenger side. It's likely topped out with those TERRIBLE control arm angles. Lower the front and level it out left to right.
The drivers side torsion seems cranked? You're saying? From what I saw they were about even. I guess the shop will tell me what the issue is when they call me.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The drivers side torsion seems cranked? You're saying? From what I saw they were about even. I guess the shop will tell me what the issue is when they call me.

Dude look at the picture, it's plain as day. The angles are different left to right. If you don't have a lift kit, you're not going to get this right period. No control arm or any workaround in the world will fix your alignment. Look at those tie rods for Christ's sake, that thing is massively overcranked. It may not be what you want to hear, but I'm right.

RevRun

Reaction score
Thinking back to the image you showed of the torsion bar adjuster bolts they didn't look to be dialed in too far, but looking at the angles and the fact your driver UCA is touching the down travel stop while the rig is sitting on the ground I would have to agree that the driver t bar is cranked to the max. This agrees with the images I posted showing how the camber goes more and more negative as you crank higher and higher.

One thought is if the guy that installed the keys didn't clock them right on the tbar hex and accidentally keyed them too far down before reassembly (maybe just the driver side). I think I have read threads where people have done this and ended up with completely cranked torsion bars when their adjuster bolts were just barely threaded in.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Over years of use, most driver side torsion bars sag more than the passenger, due to the weight of one occupant (the driver) and full tank of fuel. As long as the frame is level side to side, pay little attention to the uneven amount of torsion adjuster height. It's just a normal, high mileage after effect.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One thought is if the guy that installed the keys didn't clock them right on the tbar hex and accidentally keyed them too far down before reassembly (maybe just the driver side). I think I have read threads where people have done this and ended up with completely cranked torsion bars when their adjuster bolts were just barely threaded in.

Theres no possibility that the bar can be indexed wrong. Theres only 6 sides. If it was offset, theres no way on the world you could even get the adjuster bolt and bar installed.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Theres no possibility that the bar can be indexed wrong. Theres only 6 sides. If it was offset, theres no way on the world you could even get the adjuster bolt and bar installed.
With stock parts yes unless the bars were flipped end to end or side to side.

With aftermarket adjusters like these it can easily happen.