Look how they massacred my boy...Now what to do about it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that is the lowered diff along with the spacer pucks for the diff skid plate. From the front looks a little odd.
you can see this guys rig has that same look at the 40:39 mark.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

As @Supercharged111 mentions yes, the bushings are not installed per standard mfg. recommendation and I do not condone this for anyone else. In this case I am happy to be a guinea pig and will report back if these things die early. I didn't see much in the way of twisting or binding in the bushings during install and my own bs alignment. Everything moved smoothly. Fortunately, I am running the t-bars as low as possible so my angles are pretty mellow and I have hope for the balljoints/CVs

Thought I would mention I also did the power steering EVO module delete while I had the truck apart. This made a nice difference in consistency in steering feel at all speeds and still provides plenty of assist in parking lots for easy turning. 10/10 would recommend for anyone having issues with that genius GM feature :rolleyes:
I feel like... Our trucks are fraternal twins. I ALSO have trash steering. Lol

I saw the eccentric bushings on rockauto and was going to get them but decided to just bring it to a shop. Why are they so ready available and offered if it's so frowned upon? Like, what's their main purpose?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I feel like... Our trucks are fraternal twins. I ALSO have trash steering. Lol

I saw the eccentric bushings on rockauto and was going to get them but decided to just bring it to a shop. Why are they so ready available and offered if it's so frowned upon? Like, what's their main purpose?

They're not frowned upon, they're busy meant to be installed in the same direction. Usually when you crank a truck, you struggle with either camber or caster. If you correct only camber with the offset bushings as recommended, you free up the available adjustment to get your caster in line. I'm curious as to the OP's long term experience with those bushings.

RevRun

Reaction score
They're not frowned upon, they're busy meant to be installed in the same direction. Usually when you crank a truck, you struggle with either camber or caster. If you correct only camber with the offset bushings as recommended, you free up the available adjustment to get your caster in line. I'm curious as to the OP's long term experience with those bushings.
Bingo. Based on my measurements floating the UCA in the brackets without the balljoint installed in the knuckle I didn't think the same direction would net me enough shift so I went opposed.
Seeing how final positions the cam washers ended up in after the alignment (not fully maxed) I probably could have gotten away with same direction mounting and only lost a degree of caster keeping camber about the same.
If these ****-the-bed then I'll swap them for the same bushings but installed the same direction and see how she goes.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the shop called today and said the alignment guy got the camber all squared away, didn't really explain what the issue was so I assume they'll tell me when I get go to pick it up. They also added that I needed new calipers and lines... So +500.00 to whatever the suspension and steering issues were. Also mentioned the rear was sloppy so I could use some type of joints. I'm probably around 1500.00 at the moment. . If so, that would put me at more than I paid for the truck... Just yo make it driveable lol. Man I hate myself.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's never too late to start learning how to do repairs yourself, you can save a lot of money.

I plan on learning and doing as much as i can on my own going forward. I just wanted to get the truck in drivable condition considering ive had it 6 months and havnt even put a tank of gas through it. I'm more than sure i couldve done the calipers and lines, but id rather have it done and at the best possible condition so i have a baseline of how it SHOULD be if i had to do repairs down the road. Like with the breaks and the steering, i KNEW they werent what they should be, but didnt know what they were SUPPOSED to be, and i had 2 shops juts straight up tell me "it's just how these old body gm's are. You cant do anything to fix it." As where this shop, he literally pulled the truck up to the front of the shop to take this picture and was like "your breaks and steering are garbage." without me even saying anything lol. So i looked at him and screamed "I EFFING KNEW IT"

Attachments

• 272552893_10105505074473582_2008313422638771878_n.jpg
    272552893_10105505074473582_2008313422638771878_n.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 25

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@RevRun would you be able to tell me how many leaf springs you have? That may Sean like a weird question, but the shop is telling me theres significant play in the rear and they think they guy who installed the lift took a leaf out or is the bushings

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most half ton trucks have a 4 over 1, 3/4 is 5 over 1 usually.
Also, most lifts came with a minimal lift block, and an add-a-leaf.

It's more likely the installer didnt ram the u-bolts balls tight.